Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still not completely comfortable purchasing this 200 rear because I'm not prepared to modify the bike.
:confused:

1. What is the best brand/model tire available for our bike?
2. What size can be used WITHOUT MODIFICATION to the bike?
3. What front tire would go best (size and model)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I'm still not completely comfortable purchasing this 200 rear because I'm not prepared to modify the bike.

Thanks!
200/70/15 rear . ... no mods.... front tire ... stock size ... metzler ME880.:)
fixes the speedometer with in 1 mph

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts

Thanks!
Went with a Pirelli Night Dragon 200/70B15 on the rear and their MH90-21 on the front. Front fender was too close so I elongated the mounting holes of the yoke to the strut to give it added clearance. No problems with the rear.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
200/70/15 rear . ... no mods.... front tire ... stock size ... metzler ME880.:)
fixes the speedometer with in 1 mph
+1, and the Metzeler site also lists this tire as a no modification upgrade for the 900. I run with one on my 9'er custom, along with the 90/90-21 front tire (listed on the Metzeler site as a no mod upgrade too) and have LOVED the difference over the stockers. It got my speedo within 1-2% variance instead of the ~7-8% it was off with the stock.

Will try to get ya some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i too went with the night dragons and loved them... the front tire is close on the fender...once a pebble got stuck it the tread a put a small groove in the inside of the fender other then that no problems at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will the 200 rear tire mod work if you have a spoked wheel? I know you'd obviously need a 200 size tube as well, but just didnt know if the standard spoked wheel could handle a 200 tire the same as a "real" rim could

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

Thanks!
I am a long way from needing a tire, as my bike has about 2055 miles on it.
But I have considered going to a larger tire due to what I have read on this forum, even though I am quite happy with the bikes performance so far.

I have the Classic, not the Custom. Will the same rear tire work with the Classic? And, if I add the larger rear tire, will I have to change the front tire too?

Sorry for such newbie questions, but I have been wondering about this...
Thanks,
Rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts