Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a project i started back in 2012, here are a couple of pics of my father in laws 1975 Gold Wing. I restored Just about everything on it, did all the work including paint in my garage. I did send the 4 carbs to have rebuilt, way to many tiny parts for my feeble mind to figure out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
That is one good looking 39 year old bike! Beautiful job!

·
Registered
560 Posts
DAMN NICE DOZER! glad to see a classic like that back to new again and not in a bone yard somewhere!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone it was actually alot of fun. Seeing those tears of joy in my father in laws eyes made it all worth it.
I will make a confession though, i found a shop that specializes in old wings and took the bike to them to check out and test ride. something tells me Mrs. Bulldozer would be pi$$ed if the wheel fell off and her Daddy crashed.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Hey Bulldozer, does your FIL live close to you? Any chance we'll get to meet him at a future Roundup?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bulldozer, does your FIL live close to you? Any chance we'll get to meet him at a future Roundup?
20140529_142313.jpg
He lives in Nashville Zig and i hope he turns the old Wing into a trailer queen, its a beast to handle especially for a guy 72 yrs old.
How do you guys like the way i did the calipers, they were originally black.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
View attachment 80578
He lives in Nashville Zig and i hope he turns the old Wing into a trailer queen, its a beast to handle especially for a guy 72 yrs old.
Next week, I will be in Nashville Tuesday. Should I stop by and check on the old guy... The bike? I can make sure you put it together rite. well. I can do that.

I see yor getting your money's worth out of that polisher. Good job".

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next week, I will be in Nashville Tuesday. Should I stop by and check on the old guy... The bike? I can make sure you put it together rite. well. I can do that.

I see yor getting your money's worth out of that polisher. Good job".
Thanks Ponch, i would trust you to ck it out more than anyone else thats for sure.
The polishing thing is way fun. i wish some of the guys on here would send me stuff to buff out. All it would cost them is postage.
Have a safe trip to TN , are you goin via Indian , PU , or flying?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Thanks Ponch, i would trust you to ck it out more than anyone else thats for sure.
The polishing thing is way fun. i wish some of the guys on here would send me stuff to buff out. All it would cost them is postage.
Have a safe trip to TN , are you goin via Indian , PU , or flying?
nephew fly's in tomorrow. he rides the redbear'n (his fav), I pilot the big chief injun. east tex, la, natchez ms. we ride the Trace w/a stop in vicksburg to chek out where the rebs gott their azz handed to em by them yankee aggressors. north to nash'town and stop over at my bros indy'anny.
I will leave the injun in his g'rage all summer and ride the bear back texas way. His job is to polish big chief, daily has to look at it and wish his wife didnt take his riding card away.. (its watt bros do)
Sept-Oct i will fly indy, retrieve it and launch a new england run from there. poncho

·
Registered
361 Posts
View attachment 80578
Dang Dozer, that bike surz is pruddy, love those ole Wings. As for the brake caliper............awwwwesome, love the look of em, well done. Cheers Ando

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very, very nice.!!!!! Is that a Vetter Fairing? Ride safe, Gary
Sorry Gary it took a few days ive been working on a buddys car that he is taking to the hot rod nationals.
It is a Vetter fairing, and it was amazing but they are still in business. The fairing had a large crack and i reached out to Vetter about repairs, he had a kit to fix the abs plastic to me in 2 days with instructions on how to do it. IT worked perfect, a little sanding and some paint and you would never be able to find the crack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts