Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the kids doing their own thing my wife and i are now free to ride 2-up and pretty much do ours. my question is, is there any way to move the passenger pegs so she won't be so cramped not to mention melted tennis shoe on my exhaust. (i'm trying to do this within reason $$)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I met a guy yesterday who has a VN900 and he bought some floorboards for his wife. He bought 4 different sets and returned them all. He had to buy the Kawasaki floor boards because the others he said were on an anglel Just some info I thought I would pass along.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Plus one on the floorboards. My wife loves them, she can move her feet around and makes longer rides more comfortable. I went with the Kawasaki floor bds, and they great. But, I think it's the Kuryakin floor bds that has multiple adjustable positions.

BTW, love the empty nester time. We can take off and ride anytime to any destination.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The mounting bracket that cobra uses lowers the board a little (maybe an inch) and the center of the board is forward a bit too. Since the boards are bike-specific there's not angle issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I looked at floorboards for my bike but they were kind of expensive so I just bought my wife her own bike instead :D

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Here are the Kuryakyn floor bds I was considering. They have a number of adjustable positions as you can see. There are 5 positions plus angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Here are the Kuryakyn floor bds I was considering. They have a number of adjustable positions as you can see. There are 5 positions plus angles.
Here is what I found out about these for the V2K, do not know how they will be on the 900. Had to pull out the grinder with the factory pipes, but would not for some aftermarket one. I got the same ones, just the black ones.

With the spline adapters you have to be careful with you tighten them. Get the to the angle you want while they are loose. Then turn the screw a little bit and a time and wiggle the boards back and forth to make sure they line up good. If you don't then you will torque them down with the splines not line up and they will wiggle and NEVER be right. Make sure the spline line up correctly. That goes for any thing with those adapters, not just boards.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27254

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Here is what I found out about these for the V2K, do not know how they will be on the 900. Had to pull out the grinder with the factory pipes, but would not for some aftermarket one. I got the same ones, just the black ones.

With the spline adapters you have to be careful with you tighten them. Get the to the angle you want while they are loose. Then turn the screw a little bit and a time and wiggle the boards back and forth to make sure they line up good. If you don't then you will torque them down with the splines not line up and they will wiggle and NEVER be right. Make sure the spline line up correctly. That goes for any thing with those adapters, not just boards.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27254
I see what you mean. If you look at my signature pic, the floor bd (OEM) it sits just above the stock pipe. The lower positions on the Kuryakyn would cause a fitment issue with stock pipes. Good info...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The other problem with the Kury boards is that they use the OEM peg bracket and since that's at an angle, you can't fold them up. The Cobra boards use the OEM mounting holes, but none of the OEM hardware. They're flat when down and fold up beautifully to get them out of your way when you're solo. The intsallation is 10 minutes tops and I think they look a lot better than the Kawi brand. (OK, I know it needs some TLC, it rained over night and covered the pipes with driveway grit).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The other problem with the Kury boards is that they use the OEM peg bracket and since that's at an angle, you can't fold them up. The Cobra boards use the OEM mounting holes, but none of the OEM hardware. They're flat when down and fold up beautifully to get them out of your way when you're solo. The intsallation is 10 minutes tops and I think they look a lot better than the Kawi brand. (OK, I know it needs some TLC, it rained over night and covered the pipes with driveway grit).
You can fold the Kury boards. How they mount will vary. If you have one that had factory pegs you will have to get the adapter that will fit in the peg bracket. It is set in there solid and will not pivot by using screws to adjust the angle. then the board fits on the adapter. The board is in 2 pieces. It has the hinge that will allow it to fold.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had those boards when I still had my stock pipes. Nothing touched but I had to use one of the bottom two holes to keep them clear.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You can fold the Kury boards. How they mount will vary. If you have one that had factory pegs you will have to get the adapter that will fit in the peg bracket. It is set in there solid and will not pivot by using screws to adjust the angle. then the board fits on the adapter. The board is in 2 pieces. It has the hinge that will allow it to fold.
I must have seen different boards. The Kury's I looked didn't fold, the adapter did and since it mounted to the original peg mount, it would only fold at an angle and that wouldn't work on the pipe side. I see the hinge on this one now.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I must have seen different boards. The Kury's I looked didn't fold, the adapter did and since it mounted to the original peg mount, it would only fold at an angle and that wouldn't work on the pipe side. I see the hinge on this one now.
Just like most aftermarket parts manufactures, I am sure they have many different models and styles of the same part. I love having different choices. Unfortunately stuff for the V2K is fading away as time goes on, unlink the 900's, they are still very popular.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts