Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 - What size are the bolts holding the handle bar risers on a VN900 Classic?

2 - Can a stock rear wheel assembly for a Custom be used on a Classic?

I'm thinking of making some risers to lift my handle bars about a half inch. I have trouble with my upper back cramping. But it cramps less when I wear my heavy leather jacket. This jacket has extra padding in the lower spine area which pushes me foward just a bit. I think this may be the difference. I am hoping bringing the bars back farther will help for when I'm not in full cold weather gear.

I hate cleaning the spokes on my rear wheel and was curious if I got a used rim from a Custom, would it work. I know the tire size is the same. Is the axle and other parts the same?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've read at least one other poster say they mounted a Custom rim on a classic, so I'm pretty sure it's doable.
The front rim is probably another story...:mad:

Harbor Freight has a motorcycle wheel cleaning stand that makes the job a little easier (it still sux!) for 32 bucks.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-98800.html

Good Luck.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured the front rim was a major overhaul. But at least it is relatively easy to clean. I have a lift I can use to get the bike up off the ground for cleaning. My problem is that I have big fat hands (size 13 wedding ring) and between the pipes, the rear pulley, the brakes, and my saddle bag brackets, I just have trouble getting in there at all. I think a nice flat black solid rim would be just the thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts