Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one turned their 2 pipes into 2 in 1. I mean getting the 2 pipes to come out of only one tube. Just like the aftermarkets.
I't was suggested by some one today, and i was wondering if this was posible.
Any one knows if this can be done, and if so what will the performance/sound will be?
Anyone, anyone!

·
Registered
450 Posts
it has been done by a guy on the other kaw forums went by jpsurgeon i dont think he gets on anynore theres two pics on this post http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32338 he made them from the stock pipes. the first pic was what he did to his 9 the first time then he decided he wanted to bob it. same bike two amazing looks

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Thinking of doing this on my 800 classic next month. Want to take the rear pipe forward and follow the curve of the clutch cover and join it into the front pipe there. I have baffels removed from stock pipes and am hoping for a deeper tone and a boost to the low end. Have engine work to do, so depends on what I find when I tear it down. If I do, will post pix during and the end result. Still trying to figure out heat sheilds. Thinking of just wrapping them. Also thinking of gettting 2 1/2" pipes bent to match, and painting them flat black, and cutting out just enough to fit them around my pipes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I go on with this mod, what should I expect of performance and sound?
Do I have to get a power commander or a fuel pack? Which one is better?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has been done by a guy on the other kaw forums went by jpsurgeon i dont think he gets on anynore theres two pics on this post http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32338 he made them from the stock pipes. the first pic was what he did to his 9 the first time then he decided he wanted to bob it. same bike two amazing looks
Is that exhaust custom or aftermarket? It looks aftermarket?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is that exhaust custom or aftermarket? It looks aftermarket?
it was made from the exhaust pipes and heat shields from everything I read then he got turn out tip idk where from but reminds me of a diesel truck exhaust. could be a slip on for some other bike he cut n welded on. That bike has a lot of custom work he came up with. Most impressive 900 I've ever come across.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts