Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my risers. Does anyone have these? I will be installing them by myself. I know i will need to cover the tank with a heavy blanket. I am looking for any experianced tips to make this install go smoothly. I am anxious to feel if the really do give my neck and back less strain. I already have the grasshopper driver backrest. Any ideas or problems i should know about for my 2011 VV bars?:eek:

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you got the Risers from Scootworks (2" up 2" back) you'll need a 12-pt 36mm thin walled socket for the Stem Head Nut and a long extender for your socket wrench to reach the bolts for the Risers. They say you don't have to mess with the cables, but they were too tight, so I had to move them behind the Triple Tree (which is why you need the 36mm socket). Also an angle adapter for your socket wrench is helpful cause you won't be able to get the socket flush on the riser nuts. Like any project, if you have the right tools it's easy. Recently went through this, so lemme know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
if you got the risers from scootworks (2" up 2" back) you'll need a 12-pt 36mm thin walled socket for the stem head nut and a long extender for your socket wrench to reach the bolts for the risers. They say you don't have to mess with the cables, but they were too tight, so i had to move them behind the triple tree (which is why you need the 36mm socket). Also an angle adapter for your socket wrench is helpful cause you won't be able to get the socket flush on the riser nuts. Like any project, if you have the right tools it's easy. Recently went through this, so lemme know if you have any questions.
thanks for the heads up!! once i take the big nut off of the triple tree, do the chrome caps on either side of the triple tree need to come off and are there bolts under there as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts