Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like a tad more ground clearance on the pipes, as I very often drag the bottom pipe in the twisties. Not really interested in waking my neighbors. Any suggestions?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Put on some freedom sharp curves.

I doubt you would scrape these, AND you can get the quite baffles for them.

(keep in mind, I've lowered my back end 2 inches. Normally the pipes would be a bit more off the ground then even these...)

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Duh, wait a second.... you say you scrape your pipes? What about your floor boards? Mine are wearing down from scraping so much and my pipes are not touching at all.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
You could try shortening your pipes. That would remove the largest diameter
& make it not as close to the road. I've cut mine & had no issues since I did...
Taller shocks will give you some clearance too. Every little bit helps???

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dragging pipes

Duh, wait a second.... you say you scrape your pipes? What about your floor boards? Mine are wearing down from scraping so much and my pipes are not touching at all.
Yes, when I pitch it to the left, the floorboard DOES drag, but the pipes hit first on the right side. Was hoping to go with a 2 into 1 system, possibly raising the pipe higher by a few inches.
Even with the baffles in, do those freedom curves come close to stock as far as db level?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Yeah I would say he is. When I ride solo on mine I will hit boards and pipes on the right side at almost the same time. When 2 up the pipe takes all the scrub.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Even with the baffles in, do those freedom curves come close to stock as far as db level?
don't know. My stock pipes never made it out of the dealership, and that was 8 years ago (have I REALLY had this bike for 8+ years now???)

anyways, I don't remember what the stock pipes sound like.

Also, the freedoms I have, have the "standard" baffles. They have a different set of baffles you can get, called "quite baffles". I've never heard them...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have the 2 into 1 Vance & Hines Pro's and they are pretty Robust sounding but not obnoxious. Your likely not going to find an aftermarket Exhaust System as QUIET as stock. Quiet is quite the word now.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes, when I pitch it to the left, the floorboard DOES drag, but the pipes hit first on the right side. Was hoping to go with a 2 into 1 system, possibly raising the pipe higher by a few inches.
No the freedoms with standard baffles are pretty loud on full throttle, not to bad just cruising .

·
Registered
186 Posts
My stockers never hit, even two up. obvious bike to bike differences...

I still remember my stock sound, and the Freedoms are marginally louder under light acceleration. anything above that, you will "wake the neighbors":D.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can someone measure the height off the ground of the V&H Powershots?

Can someone measure the height off the ground of the Freedom Curves?

Thanks!
My Freedoms are 7 5/16 off the ground with the bike standing straight up.
I drag my footboards alot, and have never drug my Freedoms.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Can someone measure the height off the ground of the V&H Powershots?

Can someone measure the height off the ground of the Freedom Curves?

Thanks!
I have PowerShots. Even two-up with large people you will NOT scrape them before other parts like the floorboard are grinding away.

About 8.75" is what I come up with, vertical and unloaded.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is a Cobra on a 07 that will drag the boards before the pipe.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts