Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Stone and I got myself a 1996 Vulcan 1500 classic. Red/Black. 1st bike ever and I am learning to work on her. But boy oh boy am I lost. Hoping this forum will shed some light to get her back running again. Happy to be here.

·
Super Moderator
4,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual and another to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. Have found the parts diagrams help show how things are assembled. Post back with any questions. We will be happy to help. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nice looking bike! Is she running and you're learning how to service her, or is this project to get her on the road? Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900
60 Posts
Awesome colors! There are definitely some very wise folks lurking here. Welcome and thanks for joining!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,025 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the beautiful bike and the new lifestyle! The folks here will definitely help you get through servicing your bike.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vaquero
30 Posts
Welcome from Indiana and congrats.

For the maintenance and servicing, it can be a real pain in the ass but it's a pretty fun journey. The service manual and parts diagram Tourer set you up with will be extremely helpful. Fortnine did a tear down video that really shows how simple motorcycles are:

There have been many of times when I have been working on something and felt utterly stupid but if you persist those become more and more rare. You have to fail to move forward sometimes.

Best of luck,
El Halcon

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
246 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Great looking bike. If you haven't already, consider taking a rider training course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello all. My name is Stone and I got myself a 1996 Vulcan 1500 classic. Red/Black. 1st bike ever and I am learning to work on her. But boy oh boy am I lost. Hoping this forum will shed some light to get her back running again. Happy to be here. View attachment 249846
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual and another to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. Have found the parts diagrams help show how things are assembled. Post back with any questions. We will be happy to help. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and I was just about to try to find a manual so ty good Sir!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts