Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my bike for about a month and today went on my first 100+ mile ride. It was a beautiful day, about 70ish, and sunny all day. Went out in the backroads of Alabama and Tennessee. I quickly see how this can be addictive though. Now to just get my wife to tag along.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Nice road! As you continue to venture out you will find the 100 mile trips are sort of like a trip to walmart in the car, sort like "I'll do it but I'd rather be riding somewhere else, farther away"
Congrats on your first 100, the next 3800 of those are easier!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You don't have to have a woman along but it does make you slow down and enjoy the ride more. I suggest getting another woman.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very Nice, I noticed the cup holder, may have to get me one of thoes. You can just eat up a whole day riding and wonder where does the time go. It's the best de-stresser out there.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Friday 13th

I took a a day off, I wanted to go to Port Dover for the 13th but i got a late start(9.30am) due to the heavy frost. I made it to Barrie(2.5 hr) then decided it would be TOO cold to come back home in the dark. Port Dover was another 2-3 hrs My feet and hands got chilly after 3hrs riding.. My new cold weather pants worked great. My heat gauge never reached the second hash mark all day. I took the scenic route home Via Parry Sound then across hwy 124 to Sunridge.back up hwy11 back to North Bay I need to learn to stop and take pictures. Only stops where for gas. Had a great ride none the less. managed to log on 562 km/351 miles. I'm still smiling

PS
Port Dover is on the shores of Lake Erie In Ontario . It is a tradition that on Friday the 13th motorcycles converge on the town of 2500. (Google Port Dover.) there has been as many as 20.000 bikes show up in the warmer months Next year there is only one Friday 13th in August

·
Registered
941 Posts
That sounds pretty sweeet. Never heard of that.

Too cold? Thought those Voyaguers were just the big heat sink. People are melting when they ride them

·
Registered
487 Posts
Beautiful ride! I have a hard time getting a ride in without my wife. I think she has become a permanent accessory to the bike. See my avatar. I have to admit she is my favorite accessory though. I think I'll keep her!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts