Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this short, a few years ago I sold my 1996 blue/green VN800 Classic. It was the best ride I ever had, but wanted to try some other bikes. (A week after selling it the new owner had it stripped, chopped, bobbed, and rattle can painted. Not kidding. I cried.) Since, I have owned a 1994 VN1500, 2006 Triumph Rocket III, 1965 Honda Dream, and 2016 Indian Scout. All great bikes.

Saturday, I just bought another 1996 blue/green VN800 Classic w/18K miles. I can't wait to bring her back to glory, but am out of town at my daughter's until after Christmas. (I had to have it delivered to her garage. LOL.) When I get home, I'll be selling the Indian, and this 800 will be my new ride for years to come, should have never sold my first one, but at least I went full circle--I'm back home now. LOL

There is nothing like a pull knob 'choke', finely tuned carb, perfectly set valves, great exhaust notes, and the yellow glow of a single headlight on a dark, country road. Yep.

A little rough, but here she is:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
ya the picture on photobucket does not appear, but says: please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting
do they want some $ to show your pic?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What didn't you like about the Indian, The Scout Bobber is on my short list for a new bike in 2018, not selling the Vulcan, just looking for an additional bike. Haven't ridden one yet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the picture on photobucket does not appear, but says: please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting
do they want some $ to show your pic?
So I've been told. Not sure how to post pics now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What didn't you like about the Indian, The Scout Bobber is on my short list for a new bike in 2018, not selling the Vulcan, just looking for an additional bike. Haven't ridden one yet.
Scout rocks! Plenty of speed; plenty of torque plus a real head turner to boot. Gorgeous bike, I have the glossy black. For short trips it's awesome. Long trips . . . just not feasible with the small gas tank (3.2 I think). I'm selling because I will not be riding it much. I have the 800 now and it's just $$ sitting in the garage. You will love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts