Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep should be between 14 & 14.6 when engine is reved up.
Hi Duane, At last we found the Voltage Regulator/ Rectifier, It was under the gas tank behind the Radiator fill cap! was a job getting to it! I put on the new rectifier yesterday and it didn't make any difference in the charging. The voltage still reads as before 12.8 resting, idle 12.6, revving 12.8. I would think it should be charging between 13 and 14v????? Am I right? Thanks for all your help. I'll also post a picture of the location of my regulator since it wasn't where it was in the manual that I've got. The manual shows it under the left side cover. I hope this info will help other members
Hi Blaine, I would think since here is no difference in my charging ( Although I did put a new Battery and Regulator on it) I will need a new Stator? Is this a hard thing to replace? thanks, Bluejammatt
Ill start looking for one now on the net to compare prices

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Blaine, I would think since here is no difference in my charging ( Although I did put a new Battery and Regulator on it) I will need a new Stator? Is this a hard thing to replace? thanks, Bluejammatt
Ill start looking for one now on the net to compare prices
hi again Blaine, The person I bought it from told me today that it has a new Stator so I will try it as is. Vulcan Doc told me Voltage reading was ok and showed no problems now with the charging system. I will keep u up to date though. Thanks to u and all that have helped me and gave me advice.....BTW, I think you live in Canada, A Great Country, I have 2 daughters living there and I lived in Toronto for 15 years myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hi and Thanks, I left the maintainer on over night on the new battery, The battery reads 12.7 off the maintainer. I started it up and it idles at 12.23. Revving the engine and checking it with a Voltmeter it reads 12..44.... My new Voltage Regulator will be in Thursday and ill try it on Friday. I still have not found the Regulator on the left side anywhere yet? It is not where a picture in the Manual says it is. I remember on a Virago 1100 I had there was a after market kit to move the regulator to a different place as they run hot? Ill keep looking...……..thanks gain to all1 Bluejammatt
Hi my friend, I did install the new regulator and it made no difference in the charging. So, I will start riding it again as is. It is starting so fast with just a touch. I just thought it should be doing 13 to 14v, The personI bought it from like you also said the voltage was fine as is. As I saijd the old battery was 5 years old. The stator is also new on the bike. Thank you and all the other nice members that gave me advice. Stay warm up there in St. Paul, I had a band. And played a club called Paul’s Place there years ago. A nice supper club. Again thanks, bluejammatt. in Fl.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts