Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a 1994 Vulcan 750. It is completely stock and it has some issues. I know I need to go through the whole motorcycle, but will run into some problems I don't know the answer to. So I found this forum and know there are more knowledgeable people than me. This is my first project bike and am looking forward to the build.

The first problem I ran into relates to the front brakes. The front brake locked up on the previous owner. The fluid was orange and needed to be replaced. I drained the fluid and am putting in new fluid now. I am thinking of just replacing the brake master cylinder entirely. Possibly with a honda goldwing master cylinder as an upgrade. Would that work? Or should I just get a rebuild kit for the current one?

Thank you,
Scott

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You had another thread on this same subject and I happened to reply there. Having any luck with it??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise! I tried to refill the fluid yesterday and it wasn't going down. After trying to bleed it from the calipers and getting nothing, I then took off the banjo bolts and nothing came out of them either. That's why I think it has something to do with the master cylinder. I'm probably going to order new brake lines, a new master cylinder and rebuild the calipers just to be safe. Before I order the new master cylinder, I'll go through the current master cylinder with brake cleaner and see if that does the trick. I'll post pictures of the bike and some of the work soon.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Good luck. Keep us in the loop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts