Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has the pinout diagrams for the FUJI Electric Igniters because I am wondering if they are all wired the same with different advance curves. I have noticed over the years working at various shops and salvage yards that many bikes from the '70s, '80,s and '90,s use the same electrics between models. I am hoping that is true for Kawasaki because I have a bad 21119-1219 in my '93 EN500 and also a known good 21119-1108 from a Mid 80's Vulcan 700. I know they are from the same era so am hoping that the pickup coil inputs are the same as well as the ignition coil trigger outputs.

The cases and connectors are exactly the same and I am crossing my fingers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Damn those things are looking almost identical.
I really don't know. I know few people that managed to get KLE 500 IC on ER-5 with slight modification to wire order.
Bikes I mentioned have almost identical engines to EN500.
Theoretically you can probably get it working, but with some modification to wire order i guess.
I think it's easier to put EX500 (Ninja 500) IC on older EN500 (pre '96)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success !!!!!!!!!!!

The 21119-1108 from a KZ700 ZN700 KZ 700 ZN 700 1984-1985 works fine when I plug it in.

No wiring issues whatsoever. Just plug it in !!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, that's great! Now, one problem that can occur is f*cked up firing or something like that. Spark can literally melt hole through piston...Hope I'm mistaken. It really depends on IC tuning. If tuned similarly enough, it shouldn't cause any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts