Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus got her cleaned up, I replaced clutch spring replaced, oil, filter, rear end fluid,bled clutch fluid, lookn to acquire bead breaker tools, balancer, etc an replace tires, .
24,500 miles, . PREV owner painted an redid seats.
Bought her from under a tarp in Mississippi, drove her 217 miles home this past Feb. 44 degrees .
Had her up to 119 mph on one stretch of I 65 just fore home Montgomery al.

She ran flawlessly, , both tires flat an battery dead.when I looked her over
Has held tire pressure an charge on battery thru today.
This one seems to want live for her new owner, lol.
Always loved Kawasaki.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lookin' Good!

What make of pipes are those? I was looking for the same but couldn't find any even used. I bought a pair similar but I haven't installed them yet. I really like the looks and the length of yours.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Keep an eye on those tires. I got an old 1981 KZ750 from a guy who had it sitting in his garage for 8 years. The tires looked brand new, but oxidation got to them. I took it out for a hundred-mile loop ride, the last part of it 15 miles on a freeway at 85 MPH. When I got home, tires looked like I had driven through white paint. I looked at the rear tire and it had worn away all the tread and there was a big skunk stipe down to the belts and cords. Rubber rot had set in, and it is common for old tires, especially if it sat outside under a tarp. Needless to say, it was a bit unnerving given that I had just minutes before going way too fast for those tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 4, I threw a chain on my 87kawasaki ninga bac in the day, laid a few down over my 43 years on 2 wheels,. I baby it around ,now to keep her running til I decide if shes a keeper .
So far it's a good bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts