Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to this site. I have been interested in bikes for a while but have never really gotten going with it. Yesterday I passed a neighbors house and he had an 85 vulcan 750 out in his yard with a sigh on it "needs a little work, best offer". I stopped and talked, he has had the bike for 8 years, and his brother had it before that. Has always been kept in a garage. He is buying a new bike next spring and wanted to get rid of it.
Here are the details of the bike: He said last time he started it was a few months ago. It needs a battery and a new starter switch/button. Seems to be in great shape, very small ding and paint scratch on the gas tank, other than that, cosmetically perfect. 9,800 miles. Saddlebags, and helmet included for $200.
I am somewhat mechanically inclined, so I guess my questions are:
1) is this a good value
2) what should I expect this bike to be valued at when running

Any other advice or input would be appreciated. thanks,
Aaron

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much is he asking for it besides "best offer?" I wouldn't give more than 600-1000 for it. Those little 750's retain their value pretty good though. The nada value is from 600 to 1000. And it looks like it wasnt a 750 but a 700? If you can get it for that price fix the switch (might be something simple) and ride it, come a year or so get a newer one and either keep that one or sell itfor about the same price you have in it. I had a 97 vulcan 750 that I started out on, really like it it was just kinda cramped for me. I prefer to be stretched out instead of cramped up, but for the price I'd go for it. Get a clymer manual to help you with the problems with it. Keep up updated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify. I ended up picking it up for $200 for the bike with a helmet thrown in. I figure I cannot do to bad with it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
holy crap! I thught it just came with saddlebags and helmet for 200. You got a helluva deal! Congrats. Work on it this winter ane the come spring get out on it!

·
Banned
7 Posts
This motorcycle has remained essentially the same with very few modifications as comes from the manufacturer since 1985. That means parts are plentiful and even though the price of new parts exceeds practical limits, the salvage parts market is your friend when the warranty runs out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts