Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had booked my 900 classic for the 18000km service today, not a major one.
I have had the bike for 3 months, bought this 07 900 with 15000 km as a second owner, the first one having kept it in as new condition.

The place was a well known Harley bike place in the city, servicing also Triumph, Kawasaki and Yamaha, the service was a set price including all parts.
I specifically mentioned issues such as:

Clutch cable setting, wanted it closer to the grip.
Drive belt seemed a bit too tight.
Curious transmission/belt noise (see "new noise" thread in this forum) when coasting at around 30km / h.

I gave them the 2 grease nipples that fit on the underside of the engine and that very often get ripped off, the previous owner having had the excellent idea to replace them with 2 screws.

They did the service job but:
The clutch cable setting is still as before.
The drive belt is still as tight as before.
They had nothing to say about the "curious " noise.

But when I picked up the bike they gave me a little plastic bag that I thought contained the 2 grease nipples i gave them earlier, at home I checked, it was the 2 screws that should be fitted instead of the grease nipples!!! At least I can assume they have used them...

This is a well know place considered as reliable, will I get back there?
is it worth it? I am pondering it, it is 5 minutes walk away from my office, using a suburb Kawasaki bike shop closest to my house will involve train and bus to get away and to it...
How much was it? A$ 380

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a 09 Classic LT and I had it serviced after the 600 break in miles...That was the first and last time they'll screw on a service. Unless it's warranty work I do all my own services, and now i have 24.5k and my bike run great never had any issues at all. (knock on wood)

Maybe your clutch and drive belt were within spec so they didn't mess with them. As far as the noises, The Kawi is famous for there noises! Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I for one believe that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" in others words, if you want your Kawasaki serviced, best bring it to a Kawasaki shop. IMHO of course...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts