Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts, personal experice, ideas. I was thinking of changing my factory tires to 200/70 15. Is is worth the extra cash to do this? Any advantage in doing this? Or is it all just for looks? Thanks for any reply.
Safe ride to everyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did this change last summer, and let me tell you it was WELL worth it. Cornering is better, that sensation of needing an extra gear lessens, I got a Metzler 200 and I haven't been disappointed. I think it was 325$ mounted, I will never go back to the 180 now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 900vulcanse for the reply. I have a 2007 vn900 custom, would this tire fit my factory rim without any issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea the 200 can go on with no other adjustments. If you go bigger than 200 it does require some mods but the 200 is a great easy little add on.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
it should help your speedometer get a little closer to corrrect also. I have the 200 and the scootworks front pulley, my speedometer reads 71mph while my gps is showing 70. Again, goodeasy little add on.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have a 200 and love it. Sometimes you'll hear people say that a wider tire makes the bike handle worse. That may be a discussion better suited to switching from stock to a 230 or 240 but going from stock a 200 is negligible. In fact, the Metzelers are so much better than the stock tires I think that handling is improved.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In fact, the Metzelers are so much better than the stock tires I think that handling is improved.
Yea I agree, I noticed a lot better handling with the new Metzeler especially in higher speed curves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts