Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I currently own an '09 900, but I'm looking to upgrade to an earlier model 1700, 2010 or 2011 maybe...I know the more recent 1700s have an ABS logo on the front fender, but this doesn't seem to be the case with the earlier model years. When I'm shopping around, how can I tell if a bike I'm looking at is an ABS model or not?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Kawasaki used to offer 1700s with and without ABS. If it has ABS and the paint and parts are original, there will be a KACT logo on the front fender. Also, check the hubs. KACT requires wheel speed sensors. The front will be easy to spot. For the rear you might have to pull the right hand saddle bag. On my '17 Vaquero it's on the Left Front (Right Rear). It's a slotted disc used to monitor wheel rpm. Looks like this:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that makes perfect sense. I thought that was the case about the K-ACT logo initially, but then I've seen several listings of "ABS" bikes without the logo.. false advertising, I guess...

Kawasaki used to offer 1700s with and without ABS. If it has ABS and the paint and parts are original, there will be a KACT logo on the front fender. Also, check the hubs. KACT requires wheel speed sensors. The front will be easy to spot. For the rear you might have to pull the right hand saddle bag. On my '17 Vaquero it's on the Left Front (Right Rear). It's a slotted disc used to monitor wheel rpm. Looks like this:
View attachment 240117
Tha

·
Registered
132 Posts
2011 Voyager is my first use of ABS and interlinked braking. Nice feature for panic stops, whether using hand or foot controls. Use rear brake on gravel under 20kph, per owner manual instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts