Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone tell me you have found a luggage rack for the trunk of an 09/10 1700 Voyager. Just talked to Kawasaki and they indicated they had cancelled plans to make one.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the trunk rack tip

The one for the Royal Star Venture is the one I plan to get. Unfortunately it is on backorder. Picture in the link below.

http://www.amervoyassoc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3730
Thanks for the tip - that is a great looking luggage rack. Please post how it fits when you get it. I held a HD rack on my Voyager - little to big and the bulge in the top of the trunk behind the seat hit the middle bar.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Voyager Trunk Rack

I sugest using the Harley Davison trunk rack they install on the Road King. The rack cost me $117.00 plus tax. Since I'm not mechanical, I had a local shop grind the racks mounting feet to fit the curvature of the Voyager trunk, however, a person with some mechanical ability could grind and fit the rack in about an hour.

After installation and when I got the Voyager home, I removed the rack from the trunk deck and, one hole at a time, remounted the rack using silicone in each hole, thus waterproofing the mounting holes. After 19,000 miles the rack still does not leak and is used every time I'm on a road trip.

Best of luck finding a rack that you're happy with!!
Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Registered
765 Posts
I like the Yamaha rack because it has two metal bands that extend between the mounting feet both inside and outside the trunk lid thus better distributing the weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've looked at the Star rack for my Voyager trunk, but the metal strips are shaped to conform to the Star trunk ahape and the Voyager trunk doesn't have the same shape/curve. Can you install the Star rack and leave off the two metal strips? Has anyone installed the Star rack with the strips? If so, how do they fit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The H D rack won't work. I went to a H D dealership and they had one of their racks in stock and let me take it out to my Voyager. The top bar (closest to passenger) hit the top of the lid at the curve. BTW, the H D trunk has a flat top.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I put the rack for the Goldwing on mine. Made by show chrome. Works well with the taller passenger backrest and it sit horizontal

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the rack for the H D Road King a different one from other H D models? The problem I had fitting a H D trunk rack was that the legs were too short. The top horizontal bar rested on the top of the trunk's "domeed" lid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HD Rack

Is the rack for the H D Road King a different one from other H D models? The problem I had fitting a H D trunk rack was that the legs were too short. The top horizontal bar rested on the top of the trunk's "domeed" lid.
Same result - the chop shop I went to gave me a HD rack out of the box and the bar hit the trunk lid. I am anxious for someone those who ordered the Yamaha rack to let us know how it worked when they wen to install it. It is a great looking rack - hope it actually works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Yamaha rack on my 10 Voyager. Fit and looks like it was made for our bikes. That rack has been on back order for a long time now. I found a dealer that had one in stock.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have the Yamaha rack on my 10 Voyager. Fit and looks like it was made for our bikes. That rack has been on back order for a long time now. I found a dealer that had one in stock.
Can you post a pic of yours on the bike. Last time I checked they were still on backorder. I guess they didn’t plan for the demand from Kawasaki owners.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Voyager Trunk Rack

I've had the HD Road King rack on my Voyager for over 18,000 miles now, no problems no leads. HD makes as many trunk racks as they do motorcycles :) The Road King rack did require grinding the mounting feet to conform to the Voyager's trunk curve but that did not take long. Grind, fit, grind, fit, ect... Eventually a correct fit will be found. also be sure to fill the mounting bolts/holes with a waterproof silicone to prevent leaking. The HD dealer first gave me a trunk rack that was over $180.00 and sported the HD Logo, that rack did not come close to fitting; however the Road King rack fit the bill.
Good Luck finding a nice rack :)
T-Rex

·
Registered
14 Posts
HD rack for Voyager

I used the HD rack. I just got some round 1/2 in black plastic stock. Made risers to lift rack off the deck filed to fit curve of the lid took about a hour didn't have to machine any metal parts. Used hardware that came with rack. Looks and works great!! over 11k on bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Highway Pegs for 2010 Voyager ABS

Another equipment issue I would appreciate help on.
Any suggestions on highway pegs that fit on the engine gaurd and around the bottom fairings.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I put the rack for the Goldwing on mine. Made by show chrome. Works well with the taller passenger backrest and it sit horizontal
Can you post a pic of your entire bike? I'm considering the taller passenger backrest, but would like to see how the bike looks with it installed before I bite. Thx! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put the Yamaha trunk rack on my 09 Voyager. The curvature is a perfect fit and the metal strips take the stress off the trunk lid itself. My dealer even had a vulcan decal that goes over the Yamaha tuning forks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I put the Yamaha trunk rack on my 09 Voyager. The curvature is a perfect fit and the metal strips take the stress off the trunk lid itself. My dealer even had a vulcan decal that goes over the Yamaha tuning forks.
Pictures Pictures Pictures:D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts