Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After the first 600 mile oil change I went to full synthetic (Amsoil). I change about every 6K miles, sometimes a little sooner depending on if I have a trip coming up. I put 5 qts in and hardly ever check the level since it doesn't smoke and no sign of any oil leak. Seems to be still doing good now with almost 71K miles. If there is no obvious sign of oil consumption, either by smoking or leaking, why worry about checking the oil level since you have to hold you lip just right to get what still could be a questionable accurate reading. Now I know someone will probable say, what If the oil is getting into the cooling system. All I would say is that you'd probably see an increase in the normal operating temp and it probably would blow out the expansion tank vent. If it gets to that situation you probably have more of a problem than getting an accurate oil level reading.

Yea, I've checked the coolant and it is clean, temps are normal as well. I think my stubbornness to make sense of it has made me worry about it more than I should. I guess it's not a problem, untill it becomes a problem =).

21 - 21 of 21 Posts