Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the market for a 1700 Nomad. I have a 2018 Kawasaki 900 Classic that I have set up to my liking: New Corbin seat, replaced both the front and rear pulley with Baron pullies, windshield, etc... It's comfortable and great for around town and country rides but not what I need for long distances. I have read a lot of posts on the heat issues with the 1700 Nomad and believe with the following mods will be perfect for my long distance trips: saddle heat shields, Ivan's Reflash, and ICE radiator fluid.
Would replacing the stock exhaust with a freer flowing aftermarket pipe and K&N air filter help in heat reduction? Plus an additional heat shield on the exhaust pipe closest to my right leg... Have I missed anything? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Also, has anyone used/modified the Kawasaki Air Management System Kit KAMS on a Nomad? I know it's for a Voyager but surely it would work with some modifications. Anyone done this? Results?
Denny

·
Registered
662 Posts
There's a lot more air circulating around the Nomad, and even the Vaquero engines, than there is behind all the fairings on the Voyager. The 1700 is a large engine, so there's always going to be heat - but I've never heard of it being an issue on any of the 1700's except the Voyager.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Only time I had heat issues on my Nomad 1700 was riding in 45%+ C ( 110+F) in the Western Australian wheatbelt last year. Fan kicks in a bit but that is usually when stopped at lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
As far as ride comfort goes I would say the best mods I've done on my 09 Nomad are a Mustang seat with back rest (although the stock seat is pretty decent). Ivan flash (makes the engine run smoother and cooler), highway pegs, and bar risers (to compensate for the taller and more forward Mustang seat).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts