Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm used to a Harley, it has 3 fluids to change. Engine crankcase, Tranny, and primary chain case.

What all fluids does the 2011 Kawa Nomad 1700 belt drive have ?

Also I notice at the Kawa site they have a hard copy service manual for the 2011 Nomad. Does anyone know where one could obtain that in PDF ?

·
Registered
636 Posts
fluids

All you have to change is the crankcase oil the are all innertwined clutch and trasmission. I got my download off the internet for 9 dollars cant remember where but do a google search and it will come up. The oil pan has 2 plugs in it. Drain those 2 holes and thats all. I put just barely over 5 quarts back in her and she is right on the money everytime. Filter is on right side very front of engine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guy, that's cool. Although I always kinda liked having the tranny separate so I could put a heavier gear oil in. Seemed to quiet down the "clunk" more in my Harley. What oil weight do you guys run in hotter climates ?

I've yet to own my Nomad. If all goes well with my trade in, I should be getting it this Friday or Saturday.

I did find a 2009 Nomad PDF Manual for that price. I guess it's near the same manual as the 2011 ? Haven't found a 2011 download yet, will keep looking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't forget the coolant. The manual says to replace every 3 years.

·
Registered
636 Posts
manual

Thanks guy, that's cool. Although I always kinda liked having the tranny separate so I could put a heavier gear oil in. Seemed to quiet down the "clunk" more in my Harley. What oil weight do you guys run in hotter climates ?

I've yet to own my Nomad. If all goes well with my trade in, I should be getting it this Friday or Saturday.

I did find a 2009 Nomad PDF Manual for that price. I guess it's near the same manual as the 2011 ? Haven't found a 2011 download yet, will keep looking.
manual should be the same for the nomad I would think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts