Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking that I'd like to take off the Nomad backrest & bar when I am riding single, store it in one of the hard bags, and be able to quickly put it back on when going 2-Up.

It appears that in stock form, there are 4 bolts with Allen-type heads, two on each post, that secure the rest bar behind the passenger seat. These I fear would be some effort to remove and replace when taking the bar off, and then to remove and replace when putting the bar back on. And I'd need to keep a proper Allen wrench on hand. I could do it, if necessary, but there has to be an easier way.

Does anybody have ideas on how to make the rest bar on the 1700 Nomad quickly removable and replaceable?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
You are very correct the four bolts are not the only problem with removing back rest. the way is is designed requires the allen bolts that hold trim to be removed also and still have to kinda pry backrest up.

I would not attempt unless just didn't ride 2 up very often.

Had mine off several times in one week my wife wanted backrest higher so I extended the bar down by welding on tube same size and the have to make cross tube for bolts (these are what make it hard to remove).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch!

It is even harder than I thought! Thanks for the information. I won't go down this path for sure!

It seems that this would be a good idea for Kawasaki engineering to work on for an upgrade to give the Nomad even more versatility!

Kawasaki, are you listening???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HaHa Dr. No! What about RacNRay?

Well, I think Kawasaki must be listening sometimes! But if not .....

What about RacNRay? Can he work out a way to make the Nomad back rest easily removable and replaceable? Or does he know of an outfit that would make the attempt?

RacNRay ????

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well, I think Kawasaki must be listening sometimes! But if not .....

What about RacNRay? Can he work out a way to make the Nomad back rest easily removable and replaceable? Or does he know of an outfit that would make the attempt?

RacNRay ????
Hmmmm sounds like he may need a nomad to check out to see if anything can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts