Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, would anyone happen to know what the outside width is of the mounting legs (just the legs, not the brackets) on the LT backrest or the KQR for that matter? I'm contemplating mounting one on the rear end of a 2000. Thanks for your expertise, Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thump. Thanks for the offer. I have a LT version of the 2000 and I would like to skinny up the hardware on the back end a bit, thinking that I could use a 1700 LT backrest if it's not as wide and put the mounting brackets on the inside of the fender rails. I did this with my 1600 and it looks a lot cleaner with the brackets behind the rails. I figured I could reuse the backrest pad and other parts from what I have now so it's a little more economical. I believe the 900 can use the 2000 backrest with a 3/4" spacer which amazes me considering the size difference of the bikes. Maybe the 1700 is the same? Jeff

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi all, would anyone happen to know what the outside width is of the mounting legs (just the legs, not the brackets) on the LT backrest or the KQR for that matter? I'm contemplating mounting one on the rear end of a 2000. Thanks for your expertise, Jeff
JSF,

The outside dimension of the Sissy Bar Legs is 13.25" min. to 13.375" max. as measured on my 2009 1700 Classic LT.

If you take the lower cross bar out as I did on mine for Mustang Seat clearance (it serves very little purpose anyway) you could probably flex the legs 1/4" or more either way if necessary depending on your application.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts