Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Maybe someone has the same issue that I have with my new 2017. This is my 3rd Voyager, and the previous bikes have had adjustable gear shift levers. The 2017 does not. I would like to extend and lower the toe end a bit. Has anyone experienced the same issue...any wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanx.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have a new 2017 Vaquero. The heel'n'toe is one piece so I can adjust it, but as the heel adjusts down, the toe goes up. This is my first heel'n'toe, so I don't know how common that is. I was expecting to be able to adjust them separately.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Joe "Chuckster" Norris does extended brake and shifter levers, sold as a set. I'm sure if you contacted him he'd do custom work to get it exactly how you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...all one piece. That is the issue. Not really adjustable. I have to left my left foot up to change gears and that is not only uncomfortable but makes me a little off balance. I should have examined this before I bought it...oh well, a solution is out there somewhere!
Thanx

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 2012 Voyager and the shift lever is one piece. My 2006 VN900 also had a one piece shifter. I've noticed that the HDs have separate levers for heel and toe, but I also know several people who have had them break, or fall off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2012 Voyager and the shift lever is one piece. My 2006 VN900 also had a one piece shifter. I've noticed that the HDs have separate levers for heel and toe, but I also know several people who have had them break, or fall off.
I rented a Harley while in California and that heel toe was absolute garbage, I hated it. Ended up pulling over on the highway and taking the heel shifter off and threw it in the saddlebag. I swore off of using them after that, told myself I would get rid of the one on my Voyager when I bought it.

Well, about two weeks after owning it, I ended up using the heel/toe function and holy crap, I LOVE it!

I don’t really have to pick my heel up too much to shift gears at all, toes stay on the board.

I actually look for it when riding my Volusia now, I get on and go to shift into second gear now with my heel and it isn’t there and I’m like “WTF?!!”, LOL! Only been riding that bike for 14 years...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts