Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has an unused exhaust gasket for the 1700 laying around, part #11061-0240, any chance you can get the dimensions for me? Looking for LENGTH/ID/OD in mm. Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
If anyone has an unused exhaust gasket for the 1700 laying around, part #11061-0240, any chance you can get the dimensions for me? Looking for LENGTH/ID/OD in mm. Thanks!
Just curious as to why you're looking for dimensions

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for a lower priced alternate for our $30 gasket used on the 1700. Some websites are listing part # 11063-0023 in the description along with the 1700 gasket part # 11063- 0240. I have the dimensions of the 0023 just need to compare to the 0240. If they are the same, you will save around $9 most places online.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Here is what I got from Polaris for an ATV, but with the same size pipes. You may be able to cross reference the number. They were dirt cheap and the exact same gaskets as were on my Voyager

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
I find that most of the larger ATV's have the same type cross-over in the exhaust system. It's sometimes hard to get the parts people to think outside the box, just because it's not made for a certain vehicle and they can't find it in a book.....?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Gaskets from the 1500 & 1600 Vulcans will also fit your Voyager or Vaq... Which means that there's an HD replacement available, part 17048-98. I've used them on my Voyager without issue. They're a woven high quality gasket, readily available, and best of all... very cheap compared to OEM.

Here's a link to a James Gasket listing on Amazon. Two out of eight reviews are from Vulcan riders! There are other listings cheaper too.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Gaskets from the 1500 & 1600 Vulcans will also fit your Voyager or Vaq... Which means that there's an HD replacement available, part 17048-98. I've used them on my Voyager without issue. They're a woven high quality gasket, readily available, and best of all... very cheap compared to OEM.

Here's a link to a James Gasket listing on Amazon. Two out of eight reviews are from Vulcan riders! There are other listings cheaper too.
According to the part # he quoted he is referring to the graphite gaskets which are installed on the exhaust cross-over, not the (header) exhaust port gaskets. As far as I know HD doesn't make the same ones, although they do have the Screaming Eagle wire mesh head pipe gaskets, and a skinny tapered graphite gasket but it's much more narrow compared to ours. Kawi cross-over pic below:

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry... my bad. Without taking the time to check the part numbers I assumed we were talking about exhaust port gaskets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts