Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to hear a set of Cobra Speedsters with stock baffles the other day at a dealer. I liked the look of the pipes but they were embarrassingly loud over stock. They sounded tinny and harsh. Angry if you will. Like a dog with a lot of bark and no bite. I have not found anyone with a set of V&H Bigshots. I had a set of Bigshots on an RS Warrior and interestingly they sounded a lot like the Speedsters I heard on the Vulcan with the stock baffles. I put quiet baffles in the Bigshots and it took some of the harshness down and gave them a little bit of a deeper sound. Aside from an 8 second clip on YouTube I cannot find another sound clip of Bigshots on a 1700. Does anyone have these pipes? If so can you post up a clip to the forum longer than 8 seconds that gives a good idea of what they sound like. The 8 second clip here makes them sound like they are deeper and better sounding than the Speedsters:

V&H Bigshots:

Cobra Speedsters for comparison (This just sounds like noise to me with no character):

1 - 1 of 1 Posts