Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a map for a 2009 170 classic LT that has vance and hines big shots with a stock air filter? I downloaded the 17-006-004 map from the power commander website. The bike does not run very well with this map, has a hesitation when you roll on the throttle in any gear and occasionally pops/back fires through the exhaust? Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1700 classic

I have a 1700 classic with big shot pipes and stock air filter. Without changing anything else, it runs great. Very little de-cel pop. I actually just added the K&N filter and believe it or not, it now has even less de-cel pop and it was pretty little to begin with. I have not added fuel management system. The service manager told me with the combo I was running , nothing else would needed. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Curt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will load the zero map tomorrow and take it for a run. The zero map, should effectively, return it to a stock set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curt1968, are your pipes turning blue at the crossover? If so, It may be running way too lean with the stock ECU mapping. I took my bike into a shop to attempt fine tuning the PCV to get rid of the hesitation as you roll on the throttle. Nothing the guy did would get rid of the hesitation. I also had it run up on the dyno with the stock ecu mapping, vance and hines big shots as a test. It got scary lean (around 19:1 air/fuel) in the 2300-3100RPM range. I've decided to go back to the stock pipes.....I've thrown about $1500 into this already and the bleeding must stop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would say the crossover pipe is less blue and more brownish. I used chrome polish is clean it up. I have had little to no problems with the Vanes & Hines big shot pipes and the K&N filter. Runs great and I'm still getting about 40 MPG. Slight popping on de-cel but, very minimal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts