Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went away on business and when I came home the windshield and a bunch of products from Kuryakyn were waiting when I got back. I installed ISO grips, large throttle boss,horn cover,rear brake lever iso cover, heal and toe shifter cover, Kawasaki engine billet to replace the black plastic and a national cycles speedo cowl. I also had my seat reworked by Spencer (greatdaytoride.com) I sent it UPS on a Friday and it was back to me on the following Thursday. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but it feels and looks great. I bought my parts from phatperformanceparts.com. Great prices and quick ship. I bought a K&N filter from them and it was twenty dollars cheaper then every where else.

The rear brake pedal cover requires drilling and the heal cover has to be manipulated to be able to close it all the way

Bike looks good. Do you have a part number for the shifter heal cover. I have the toe cover.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1700 Classic accessories

Beverage holder - bicycle bottle holder fastened to left down tube next to radiator with automotive mounting tape and heavy duty black wires. Black travel mug. Total $12. Actually it looks good and functions well.

Memphis Shades Batwing. Like the more rounded look over most batwings. Good for the money. Less adjustable than I like. Required removal of chrome bracket holding wires and cables on triple tree. Looked bad with windshield off. Had machinist friend mill off the back of the stock piece flush and put back on. Looks great.

Windshield bag. Removed two mounting bolts on back of Batwing and added a piece of aluminum flatstock between them. Mounted 10" tool bag. Cost $40 bucks total. Functions and looks good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Tank Bib

Tank Bibs for the Vaquero and Voyager by www.sagebrushdesigns.com and go to the Tank Bib page and go down about two thirds way, you will see the Bibs for the Vaquero and Voyager, one and the same.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I looked all over that site and do not see a single item for those bikes, can you post the direct link to them.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I looked all over that site and do not see a single item for those bikes, can you post the direct link to them.

I posted the pics here under Vuclan 1700 Forum, you have to call Sage Brush Designs or have to email them. I have been corresponding with them and they decided to go out to their local dealer and measure the Vaquero and then make some Bibs for it and then emailed me so I could post here online.

So, contact them and they can order one for you, with or without conchos.

Check out the post at: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15700

·
Registered
636 Posts
I posted the pics here under Vuclan 1700 Forum, you have to call Sage Brush Designs or have to email them. I have been corresponding with them and they decided to go out to their local dealer and measure the Vaquero and then make some Bibs for it and then emailed me so I could post here online.

So, contact them and they can order one for you, with or without conchos.

Check out the post at: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15700
I'll contact them for some photos, I want to see what they are making, can't see much in that little photo, Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
LAST UPDATE: MAY 18, 2011 (Bags, Bibs, Pockets)

OEM (Kawasaki.com)
-Audio (iPod, XM Radio, Rear Speakers)*
-Windshields (Standard & Quick Release); nb: quick-release incompatible with OEM lowers
-Light Bar*
-Engine Guard*
-Back Rests and Racks
-Saddlebags, Luggage and Saddlebag Trim
-Seats
-Floorboards and Footpegs
-Chrome & Other Trim and Accents (Handlebar Clamps, Engine Side Cover Trim, Speedometer Visor, Brake Caliper Accents, Fender Trim) (See Bigmacbkr's impressions)*
-Electrical Accessories (eg. Accessory Power Socket)
-Brackets (GPS, Phone)
-Covers
-Mini Pump For Air Shocks

BACKRESTS (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
-Grasshopper Limited
-Cobra USA
-Ultimate Seats Backrests
-Utopia Products Backrest

BAGS, TANK/FENDER BIBS, POCKETS
-Sagebrush Designs

DRESS-UP BITS
-Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover
-Chrome World Front Axle Plug
-Cobra USA license plate frame, oil dipstick
-Fender Tips (Front and Rear) (Available from Value Accessories; Front; Rear)
-Speedometer Cowl
-Voyager Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield Trim, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Saddlebag and Topcase Trims (Available from Phat Performance Parts)
-Nomad Fairing, Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Passenger Floorboard, Passenger Backrest, Luggage Rack, Saddlebag Trim

ENGINE/CRASH GUARDS
-Cobra USA Fatty Freeway Bar

ENGINE/CRASH GUARD CHAPS
-Desert Dawgs Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)
-Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad, Classic w/ OEM Guards)
-AirLite Motorcycle Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)

EXHAUST
-Cobra USA, (Slip-On, Dragster, Speedster Long/Short/Slashdown, Tri-Oval, Scalloped)(Impressions, Video From Johnasara) *
-D&D Slip-On Exhaust (Nomad, Voyager)
-Vance and Hines Big Shots

FAIRINGS
-Hoppe Industries
-Memphis Shades (See Lifecast's Review)*
-Premeux
-Tsukayu

...Continued in next post

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
FLOORBOARDS & PEGS
-Chrome OEM Floorboard Covers (Product Number)(Purchase)
-Kuryakyn (requires additional purchase of splined adaptor for VN1700)
-Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
-Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Pad
-Marvellas

FUEL PROCESSORS
-Dynojet Power Commander V (PCV From Indy Superbikes)
-Power Commander V Autotune Kit (Nb: In software, turn off the Rev Extender)
-Electronic Jet Kit
-FI2000

HITCHES AND TOWING
-MCHitch
-Marvellas

INTAKE-RELATED
-K&N Air Filter
-Thunder Mfg Air Intake Kits and Big Air Kit

LIGHT BARS/DRIVING LIGHTS, OTHER LIGHTING
-Cobra USA
-Custom World International
-Kuryakyn LED Run-Turn-Brake Spoiler*

MISCELLANEOUS
-Cup Holder, Trunk Extender (Marvellas)

RACKS (REAR, TRUNK AND SADDLEBAG)
-Irons in the Fire
-Star Accessories Trunk Rack (Perfect Fit for Voyager Trunk)
-Cooler/Luggage Rack (Marvellas)

RADIATOR COVERS
-CWI VN2000 Rad Cover (Perfect Fit for VN1700)
-Irate Customs Rad Covers

SADDLEBAG BRACKETS (QUICK-RELEASE)
-Edge Saddlebag Brackets (Formerly Known as Ghost Brackets)*
-Easy Brackets (Not available; still looking for a bike to use as a model for new brackets)

SADDLEBAG SYSTEMS (Universal Bags + Custom-Fit Brackets)
-Klicbag
-US Saddlebag Company (Kit not listed on website, but is available if you phone/email)

SEATS, SEAT COVERS, BACKRESTS
-Corbin Seats (Voyager, Nomad)
-Mustang Motorycle Seats
-Russel Cycle Products (Day-Long Seats)
-Ultimate Seats (Nomad, Voyager)

TOOLS, UTILITIES
-Oil Temp + Level Gauge

WINDSHIELDS
-Clearview Shields (Voyager, Vaquero)
-Rifle Soloshield
-Memphis Shades (Shields will only mount using Trigger-Lock system; This is new information from Memphis Shades; awaiting member confirmation)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow what a great job you have done on that bike! I'm wondering which top box rack did you use and I have to mention the leather insert really finishes it off nicely. Looking for a rack and now looking for someone to make up a leather insert. The flags are also a nice touch - Great job!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but Kawasaki now has a quick release bracket for the Nomad windshield. It's a bit pricey msrp $399. Part number K99994-0178.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Beverage Holder & Windshield bag

Beverage holder - bicycle bottle holder fastened to left down tube next to radiator with automotive mounting tape and heavy duty black wires. Black travel mug. Total $12. Actually it looks good and functions well.

Memphis Shades Batwing. Like the more rounded look over most batwings. Good for the money. Less adjustable than I like. Required removal of chrome bracket holding wires and cables on triple tree. Looked bad with windshield off. Had machinist friend mill off the back of the stock piece flush and put back on. Looks great.

Windshield bag. Removed two mounting bolts on back of Batwing and added a piece of aluminum flatstock between them. Mounted 10" tool bag. Cost $40 bucks total. Functions and looks good.
Stitch. Can you give a little more info / pics on how you mounted the additional water bottle, and what your using for a windshield bag? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Grasshopper is now making a driver's quick release backrest for the Vaquero. You can find the Grasshopper Online Store at eBay and the backrest assembly there for about 90 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Most powerful magnetic oil drain plugs in the world are now available for all Kawasaki bikes, I bought some and after my first oil change done at my Dealership, the bike mechanic was highly impressed and decided to buy a pair for his Voyager as I had done for my Vaquero.

more info here: http://www.drainplugmagnets.com/videopresentations.html

·
Registered
765 Posts
Most powerful magnetic oil drain plugs in the world are now available for all Kawasaki bikes, I bought some and after my first oil change done at my Dealership, the bike mechanic was highly impressed and decided to buy a pair for his Voyager as I had done for my Vaquero.

After watching the second video I'm curious as to how many of the metal filings would stay attached once the oil is moving/splashing around in the oil pan.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Think it will hold it all, the mechanic at the Dealer says it did great in his opinion and ordered some for his own bike. Better catch some than none as far as I am concerned. Had them on my Yamaha for 4 years and my motor was sound when I sold it for my Vaquero.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

I ordered me one today Roadie, but just one. That's a little high I think.:(

41 - 60 of 200 Posts