Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Kawasaki Engine Guards (OEM)

The first accessory that I installed was the Kawasaki engine guards. The choice was between those and the Cobra Fatty Freeway bars. I went with the OEM bars because (1) price-wise there wasn't much difference; (2) I had Cobra guards on a previous bike and there were issues with the finish as well as the fit; (3) OEM guards are two-piece vs one-piece Cobra guards.

These guards were easy to install. My only complaint is that their shape (square-ish when viewed head-on) isn't as nice as the Cobra guards (more rounded look with tapering to them).

-Ease of Installation: 5/5
-Appearance: 4/5
-Quality: 5/5
-Price: 5/5
-Durability: N/A
-Would I Buy Them Again? Yes

Attached are photos showing the guards from a few different angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Kawasaki Light Bar (OEM)

The last accessory that I installed was the Kawasaki Light Bar. This time the choice was between the Cobra unit and the OEM unit. Again, I went with the OEM because from photos the lenses looked to be of higher quality and I like the shape of the OEM unit.

The installation was easy, but took longer than the estimation given in the instructions because of a quality control issue -- one of the turn signals was loose so I had to take it off and re-install it (very simple, but an extra step, nonetheless). Installation requires splicing two wires together using a quick-connect. In the past I've been leery of such connectors, preferring to just solder the wires together, but this time around I went with the quick-connect.

I am impressed with the finishing of the light bar and with the brightness of the lights.

-Ease of Installation: 5/5
-Appearance: 5/5
-Quality: 5/5
-Price: 3/5
-Durability: N/A
-Would I Buy Them Again? Yes

Below are photos of the light bar, installed on my bike, from a few different angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Please add your own reviews/impressions of equipment that you have installed on your bikes. I think that would add more utility to this thread.

Photos aren't necessary, but would be helpful, as would specifications, installation tips/tricks, etc. where not otherwise available. I posted a bunch of photos because when I was trying to decide what accessories I wanted to purchase for my bike I wished that there were more photos, specs, etc. available online.

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed an axle cap on my 2011 1700 classic. I ordered two but it only takes one on the left had side as you are looking at the bike from the front. I thought it looked unfinished before. I also installed an Irate radiator grill.

Here is the link for the axle plugs:

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={acff6f9e-3e76-4894-b37a-9de7244a7b46}&gid={f98d6a4a-3a6b-4e99-a050-75b5c7306c3f}&GroupName=Kawasaki+Vulcan+1700+Classic+Other+Accessories&pname=Large+Front+Axle+Plug&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also ordered a rear brake reservoir cover from the Vulcan 2000 that i read on another board will fit the 1700. When it comes in I will let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rear tail light accessory

Russell Cycle Products
www.day-long.com
some of you Voyager owners might be interested in this. take a look at this spoiler / tail light offer by kuryakyn. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3893/LED-Run-Turn-Brake-Spoiler
it fits the Ultra Tour Pak on top of the trunk lid behind the luggage rack.
BUT !!! it also fits under the trunk of the Voyager like it was made for it. installation was fairly easy (about an hour) and the wiring was even easier. 5 wires that run right under the trunk to the right side of the battery and tie in to the harness. all L.E.D. including amber turn signals built in. i am very happy with the outcome. let me know what ya think.

Sienna V

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
LAST UPDATE: APRIL 5, 2011 (Brake Reservoir Cover)

OEM (Kawasaki.com)
-Audio (iPod, XM Radio, Rear Speakers)*
-Windshields (Standard & Quick Release); nb: quick-release incompatible with OEM lowers
-Light Bar*
-Engine Guard*
-Back Rests and Racks
-Saddlebags, Luggage and Saddlebag Trim
-Seats
-Floorboards and Footpegs
-Chrome & Other Trim and Accents (Handlebar Clamps, Engine Side Cover Trim, Speedometer Visor, Brake Caliper Accents, Fender Trim) (See Bigmacbkr's impressions)*
-Electrical Accessories (eg. Accessory Power Socket)
-Brackets (GPS, Phone)
-Covers
-Mini Pump For Air Shocks

BACKRESTS (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
-Grasshopper Limited
-Cobra USA
-Ultimate Seats Backrests
-Utopia Products Backrest

DRESS-UP BITS
-Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover
-Chrome World Front Axle Plug
-Cobra USA license plate frame, oil dipstick
-Fender Tips (Front and Rear) (Available from Value Accessories; Front; Rear)
-Speedometer Cowl
-Voyager Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield Trim, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Saddlebag and Topcase Trims (Available from Phat Performance Parts)
-Nomad Fairing, Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Passenger Floorboard, Passenger Backrest, Luggage Rack, Saddlebag Trim

ENGINE/CRASH GUARDS
-Cobra USA Fatty Freeway Bar

ENGINE/CRASH GUARD CHAPS
-Desert Dawgs Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)
-Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad, Classic w/ OEM Guards)
-AirLite Motorcycle Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)

EXHAUST
-Cobra USA, (Slip-On, Dragster, Speedster Long/Short/Slashdown, Tri-Oval, Scalloped)(Impressions, Video From Johnasara) *
-D&D Slip-On Exhaust (Nomad, Voyager)
-Vance and Hines Big Shots

FAIRINGS
-Hoppe Industries
-Memphis Shades (See Lifecast's Review)*
-Premeux
-Tsukayu

FLOORBOARDS & PEGS
-Chrome OEM Floorboard Covers (Product Number)(Purchase)
-Kuryakyn (requires additional purchase of splined adaptor for VN1700)
-Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
-Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Pad
-Marvellas

FUEL PROCESSORS
-Dynojet Power Commander V (PCV From Indy Superbikes)
-Power Commander V Autotune Kit (Nb: In software, turn off the Rev Extender)
-Electronic Jet Kit
-FI2000

HITCHES AND TOWING
-MCHitch
-Marvellas

INTAKE-RELATED
-K&N Air Filter
-Thunder Mfg Air Intake Kits and Big Air Kit

LIGHT BARS/DRIVING LIGHTS, OTHER LIGHTING
-Cobra USA
-Custom World International
-Kuryakyn LED Run-Turn-Brake Spoiler*

MISCELLANEOUS
-Cup Holder, Trunk Extender (Marvellas)

RACKS (REAR, TRUNK AND SADDLEBAG)
-Irons in the Fire
-Star Accessories Trunk Rack (Perfect Fit for Voyager Trunk)
-Cooler/Luggage Rack (Marvellas)

RADIATOR COVERS
-CWI VN2000 Rad Cover (Perfect Fit for VN1700)
-Irate Customs Rad Covers

SADDLEBAG BRACKETS (QUICK-RELEASE)
-Edge Saddlebag Brackets (Formerly Known as Ghost Brackets)*
-Easy Brackets (Not available; still looking for a bike to use as a model for new brackets)

SADDLEBAG SYSTEMS (Universal Bags + Custom-Fit Brackets)
-Klicbag
-US Saddlebag Company (Kit not listed on website, but is available if you phone/email)

SEATS, SEAT COVERS, BACKRESTS
-Corbin Seats (Voyager, Nomad)
-Mustang Motorycle Seats
-Russel Cycle Products (Day-Long Seats)
-Ultimate Seats (Nomad, Voyager)

TOOLS, UTILITIES
-Oil Temp + Level Gauge

WINDSHIELDS
-Rifle Soloshield
-Memphis Shades (Shields will only mount using Trigger-Lock system; This is new information from Memphis Shades; awaiting member confirmation)

·
Registered
64 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you

BenS, thanks for doing all of the work on this and thanks to everyone for providing info on your accessories. I have a 2009 Classic LT and expect to order exhaust, air kit and PC V in the next few days. This has been a real benefit. When I get my stuff I will try to post pics and sounds for everyone's viewing and listening pleasure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@None: the brake reservoir cover looks great. Thanks for posting up.
@SpeedWorthy: Glad you found it useful, and definitely the more photos, etc, the better. Thanks.

Updated list in Post #29 (Added brake reservoir cover)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Please add http://www.clearviewshields.com/ for windshields

Craig will have the 2009-11, 1700 Voyager and Vaquero added in a few weeks. He has taken my stock shield from the Vaquero back to the shop and will be making me a 14" Clear initially. He will add other heights later.

Current Kawasaki Motorcycle Windshields
Concours Windshields
KLR650 Windshields
Vulcan 1500 Windshields
KZ1000P Windshields Voyager 1200 Windshields
Mean Streak Windshields
Vulcan 1600 Windshields
Voyager 1300 Windshields
Nomad Windshields
Vulcan 2000 Windshields
Vulcan 900LT Windshields
Vulcan 2000LT Windshields

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
LAST UPDATE: APRIL 5, 2011 (Brake Reservoir Cover, Windshields)

OEM (Kawasaki.com)
-Audio (iPod, XM Radio, Rear Speakers)*
-Windshields (Standard & Quick Release); nb: quick-release incompatible with OEM lowers
-Light Bar*
-Engine Guard*
-Back Rests and Racks
-Saddlebags, Luggage and Saddlebag Trim
-Seats
-Floorboards and Footpegs
-Chrome & Other Trim and Accents (Handlebar Clamps, Engine Side Cover Trim, Speedometer Visor, Brake Caliper Accents, Fender Trim) (See Bigmacbkr's impressions)*
-Electrical Accessories (eg. Accessory Power Socket)
-Brackets (GPS, Phone)
-Covers
-Mini Pump For Air Shocks

BACKRESTS (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
-Grasshopper Limited
-Cobra USA
-Ultimate Seats Backrests
-Utopia Products Backrest

DRESS-UP BITS
-Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover
-Chrome World Front Axle Plug
-Cobra USA license plate frame, oil dipstick
-Fender Tips (Front and Rear) (Available from Value Accessories; Front; Rear)
-Speedometer Cowl
-Voyager Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield Trim, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Saddlebag and Topcase Trims (Available from Phat Performance Parts)
-Nomad Fairing, Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Passenger Floorboard, Passenger Backrest, Luggage Rack, Saddlebag Trim

ENGINE/CRASH GUARDS
-Cobra USA Fatty Freeway Bar

ENGINE/CRASH GUARD CHAPS
-Desert Dawgs Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)
-Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad, Classic w/ OEM Guards)
-AirLite Motorcycle Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)

EXHAUST
-Cobra USA, (Slip-On, Dragster, Speedster Long/Short/Slashdown, Tri-Oval, Scalloped)(Impressions, Video From Johnasara) *
-D&D Slip-On Exhaust (Nomad, Voyager)
-Vance and Hines Big Shots

FAIRINGS
-Hoppe Industries
-Memphis Shades (See Lifecast's Review)*
-Premeux
-Tsukayu

...Continued in next post

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
FLOORBOARDS & PEGS
-Chrome OEM Floorboard Covers (Product Number)(Purchase)
-Kuryakyn (requires additional purchase of splined adaptor for VN1700)
-Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
-Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Pad
-Marvellas

FUEL PROCESSORS
-Dynojet Power Commander V (PCV From Indy Superbikes)
-Power Commander V Autotune Kit (Nb: In software, turn off the Rev Extender)
-Electronic Jet Kit
-FI2000

HITCHES AND TOWING
-MCHitch
-Marvellas

INTAKE-RELATED
-K&N Air Filter
-Thunder Mfg Air Intake Kits and Big Air Kit

LIGHT BARS/DRIVING LIGHTS, OTHER LIGHTING
-Cobra USA
-Custom World International
-Kuryakyn LED Run-Turn-Brake Spoiler*

MISCELLANEOUS
-Cup Holder, Trunk Extender (Marvellas)

RACKS (REAR, TRUNK AND SADDLEBAG)
-Irons in the Fire
-Star Accessories Trunk Rack (Perfect Fit for Voyager Trunk)
-Cooler/Luggage Rack (Marvellas)

RADIATOR COVERS
-CWI VN2000 Rad Cover (Perfect Fit for VN1700)
-Irate Customs Rad Covers

SADDLEBAG BRACKETS (QUICK-RELEASE)
-Edge Saddlebag Brackets (Formerly Known as Ghost Brackets)*
-Easy Brackets (Not available; still looking for a bike to use as a model for new brackets)

SADDLEBAG SYSTEMS (Universal Bags + Custom-Fit Brackets)
-Klicbag
-US Saddlebag Company (Kit not listed on website, but is available if you phone/email)

SEATS, SEAT COVERS, BACKRESTS
-Corbin Seats (Voyager, Nomad)
-Mustang Motorycle Seats
-Russel Cycle Products (Day-Long Seats)
-Ultimate Seats (Nomad, Voyager)

TOOLS, UTILITIES
-Oil Temp + Level Gauge

WINDSHIELDS
-Clearview Shields (Voyager, Vaquero)
-Rifle Soloshield
-Memphis Shades (Shields will only mount using Trigger-Lock system; This is new information from Memphis Shades; awaiting member confirmation)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pictures installed Rifle Solo Windshield

A couple of photos installed. I chose the dark gray but comes in clear and light gray. Easy install and nice heavy chromed billet brackets. It is 15" but can be adjusted up to 19". I just wanted to take the wind off my chest and diverted over the head. You can also adjust the angle of the shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went away on business and when I came home the windshield and a bunch of products from Kuryakyn were waiting when I got back. I installed ISO grips, large throttle boss,horn cover,rear brake lever iso cover, heal and toe shifter cover, Kawasaki engine billet to replace the black plastic and a national cycles speedo cowl. I also had my seat reworked by Spencer (greatdaytoride.com) I sent it UPS on a Friday and it was back to me on the following Thursday. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but it feels and looks great. I bought my parts from phatperformanceparts.com. Great prices and quick ship. I bought a K&N filter from them and it was twenty dollars cheaper then every where else.

The rear brake pedal cover requires drilling and the heal cover has to be manipulated to be able to close it all the way

Attachments

21 - 40 of 200 Posts