Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Hi Hayes

Does the U.S. trailers Batwing come with its own mounting brackets that attach to the bike or do you need the OEM windshield brackets?
Also, does it come with speaker hole covers?
How do you like the quality?

WEG
It came with mounts, but you use the bolts and spacers that come with the stock windshield mount (You need the holes in the forks). The quality is good. I had to open the radio and speaker holes, as well as the mounting holes, but the part quality is good.

*Disclaimer* I have nothing to compare it to. However, the entire thing fits together well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks Hayes, I have the Kawa Quick Release windshield now, which also fits the Nomad, so I think it should fit my Classic. Sure seems like a good price.

WEG

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Thanks Hayes, I have the Kawa Quick Release windshield now, which also fits the Nomad, so I think it should fit my Classic. Sure seems like a good price.

WEG
I really like it. I need a taller shield though. I'm ordering that as we speak.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Hayes

You mentioned you had to open the radio and speaker holes. Does the shield come without these holes so you don't need a cover if you don't install a radio and speakers?

WEG

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Hi Hayes

You mentioned you had to open the radio and speaker holes. Does the shield come without these holes so you don't need a cover if you don't install a radio and speakers?

WEG
They're already there. They just weren't quite big enough.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Anyone do a solo seat for the Nomad? Or some sort of cover to replace the pillion (like the pillion covers on many sportbikes). Would also need some sort of kit eliminating the grab rail and passenger backrest mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Anyone know of a source for clear brake light lenses for the Nomad?
There was some post in the past on that subject with resources.
You will need to do a search on the forum for that.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had searched... guessing that it is so far buried to be just about impossible to find.
I also searched the net for them... found nothing

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Anyone know of a source for clear brake light lenses for the Nomad?
Are you looking for clear lenses for the turn signals to make them part of the brake light system?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
It's probably under a different tital heading.
That's too bad because I remember someone saying they found some somewhere.
Maybe I can find it.:surprise:

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Anybody know if the make a rear master cylinder in chrome for a 2012 vulcan 1700 nomad and if so where I can buy it
You can get a chrome cover. Some of the ones made for the Vulcan 2000 are exactly the same as the ones used on the Vulcan 1700. It took me a while, but I found two of on eBay and paid less than $15 for each of them. New ones were too expensive. Be careful, most of the chrome ones for sale are not the same, you can easily tell my the shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can get a chrome cover. Some of the ones made for the Vulcan 2000 are exactly the same as the ones used on the Vulcan 1700. It took me a while, but I found two of on eBay and paid less than $15 for each of them. New ones were too expensive. Be careful, most of the chrome ones for sale are not the same, you can easily tell my the shape.
Thank You, I just found one on Ebay for a 2000 vukcan that kooks just like the black one on my bike. $8 free shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Accessories

Hello, I am looking for the hook assemblies on the trunk of my 2010 Voyager ABS, any ideas where I might locate them? Also, a nice inexpensive cargo rack would be great. Thank you..

181 - 200 of 200 Posts