Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Specifically, I am wondering about the chrome fender trim pieces. (The ones that go between the fender and the saddle bags.)

I have been looking for a way to clean up the lines of my Nomad for when I am not running in full dresser mode. Yes, I can take off the passenger backrest, luggage rack, and attached trunk, but that is a PITA to do, (as well as putting it all back on) and it still leaves the grab handles sticking up alongside the pillion seat.

I was looking at a 1600 Nomad on Wednesday that someone had taken into the shop to get an inspection. I noticed that the fender looks to be exactly the same shape as the fender on a 1700. The grab rails on the 1600 are different, though. They actually bolt to the chrome fender rails.
([EDIT]: Okay... not identical, but the rail bolts look damn close in positioning...)

If the 1600 fender rails will fit, that would make for a lot easier removing and reinstalling my travel trunk as I need it, and giving me cleaner lines when I have the trunk removed.

Does anyone know if the 1600 rails will fit on the 1700 fender?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good question. I don't know. If I had to wager though I would bet that it wouldn't.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp... I found a left side fender rail for a 1600 on Ebay... and the price is relatively cheap. ($38 before shipping) Cheap enough for me to be worth experimenting with.

Ordered that piece, and I shall have it here around the 19th or so.

Yeah... I know... I could have just wasted $38 (I can hear everyone say) but it is worth the money to be able to find out... and even if it is not a direct fit, it may be possible to do some slight modding to make it fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welp... I found a left side fender rail for a 1600 on Ebay... and the price is relatively cheap. ($38 before shipping) Cheap enough for me to be worth experimenting with.

Ordered that piece, and I shall have it here around the 19th or so.

Yeah... I know... I could have just wasted $38 (I can hear everyone say) but it is worth the money to be able to find out... and even if it is not a direct fit, it may be possible to do some slight modding to make it fit.

so did it fit? curious since i want a qr passenger backrest on my 1600 nomad. i believe they make them for the 1700 or the vaq.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts