Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Given stock exhausts, which of these would be louder at highway speed - 900 or 1600? I’m thinking smaller engine revving higher or bigger engine at lower rpm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to hear. Thanks. My 900 Cl has VH pipes and though I love the ride, my ears have been ringing for five days now since my weekend road trip. I’m a musician, so that definitely doesn’t fly. I need a fix immediately, even if it means a bigger bike that doesn’t rev so high on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
I have V&H Baggers on my 07 Nomad. Maybe it's because they are dual but I don't find them bad on the highway at all. It is louder than stock, of course, but not obscenely so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outstanding. Thanks, NorthernRider!

·
Registered
2006 1600 Nomad
53 Posts
Have an 06 Nomad that came with Cora Straight Pipes. Drove it home from Sandusky, Oh to Akron, Oh and by the time I got home had a headache, and I rode with a helmet on. Got home and immediately put the stock pipes back on, luckily they came with the bike. I also had the 900 first and at highway speeds it was louder only because the rpms are a lot higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.