Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have given my '98 vn800A more of a 'Classic' look. I read a few posts by people who have done this, but I have a problem that wasn't mentioned in the other posts I have read. I have used a 16'' wheel and rotor from a vn1500D, I removed the speedometer drive and I used axle collars from a vn1500N1. I also added a 1500 master cylinder, but I kept my original 800A forks and brake caliper. Everything fits fine, but I am not happy with the performance of the single piston 800A brake with the 16" wheel. It just doesn't feel powerful enough. I know that the 1500 duel piston caliper will not fit the 800A fork leg, but I don't want to have to replace the fork legs (just had mine powdercoated) and I've got a custom fender that has been made for my forks and I don't want to go back to the 21" wheel. I was just wondering if anybody could suggest another caliper that would fit. I just need one that matches the distance between the mounting bolts, which I are 2 3/4" (72mm) center to center. Has anyone done this conversion and had the same braking issue? or anybody have any idea to improve the brake? I will drain and refill with new brake fluid to see if that helps, but any other suggestions gratefully received. A few pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I have no answers for you just want to say I like the look. I have been thinking about doing a similar swap but have to many other projects. How does it ride with the wider tire up front?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts