Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 1500a(88)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thanks for all the useful info so far as I’ve purchased my first Vulcan and needed all the help I could get!

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of stock side covers(battery cover)?
I don’t think the bike needs anymore chrome so I was hoping for painted ones, but price speaks, can always sand and paint chrome.

the other option is just to make em but I figured I’d ask...
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Here is a link to a OEM parts supplier for parts numbers to help your search. If I remember right the battery cover is the left side. Also, here is a link to the factory repair manual for reference and to become familiar with your new bike. The third link is an eBay Canada search. I see a few in there. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
1989 1500a(88)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Tourer! I appreciate that a lot, that’s what I was looking for, $97 might be a bit high for the moment. May fab one for now and properly replace it later.

I just peeled off the terrible dip job that the one previous owners had done and found a sweet pearl yellow underneath in decent condition.

I’ll keep some pics and upload the stages of progress on it.
Thank again!

·
Super Moderator
3,012 Posts
That is a nice color. Would definitely save it. Who in their right mind would put plastic over that paint job. As far as the side cover, keep in mind they become more scarce as time goes by and will probably cost more in the future. Make sure to post us some pictures when you get it all together. Thanks. Be well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts