Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I find it seems that people say risers with pullback hit and dent the speedometer bezel on the Nomads. The 1.5 inch pull back from say the Baron universal BA-7410-U sounds perfect, but looks like in pictures and I've read others also say, the head of the risers will hit the speedometer bezel.

Any one have suggestions on other risers for the 1500 Nomad with some pullback?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Everything I find it seems that people say risers with pullback hit and dent the speedometer bezel on the Nomads. The 1.5 inch pull back from say the Baron universal BA-7410-U sounds perfect, but looks like in pictures and I've read others also say, the head of the risers will hit the speedometer bezel.

Any one have suggestions on other risers for the 1500 Nomad with some pullback?
Is there any reason the risers for the Classic won't work? The stock riser part numbers are same for the Nomad, the Classic FI and the classic carb. I put 4" x 1-3/4" risers on mine and they clear the speedo nacelle by about an inch when the bars are all the way over.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you go lower than 4 inches then there is a chance that a riser with pullback can hit the bezel. It's frustrating because it is just a fraction but enough to leave dents and/or scratches in the bezel. Either go with smaller like a 2 inch riser which doesn't have the length to cause a problem or a 4+ inch riser which sits above the bezel. Also You can loosen your tank pull it back from the front of the tree as much as possible. This helps but in most cases not enough. I have 5 inch risers on mine and they clear great plus I love the pullback. You can use most risers made for Harley's as well by using the Barons Riser mounting kit No. BA-7411-01. Sells for around 20 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts