Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new-to-me 1500 Nomad engine in the frame and now hooking up all the electrical connectors inside the left engine cover. There are 2 pairs of connectors that look the same and I'm wondering if it matters which ones go where. I'm thinking that if they look the same, they're interchangeable. 2 are the wide 6-pin ones that go to the rectifiers and other 2 almost-square 3-pin ones go to the stators.
Am I right or even close on this? I don't want to burn anything out. From what I can see in the Kawasaki shop manual, the different pairs are connected together later in the wiring harness anyway.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Got my new-to-me 1500 Nomad engine in the frame and now hooking up all the electrical connectors inside the left engine cover. There are 2 pairs of connectors that look the same and I'm wondering if it matters which ones go where. I'm thinking that if they look the same, they're interchangeable. 2 are the wide 6-pin ones that go to the rectifiers and other 2 almost-square 3-pin ones go to the stators.
Am I right or even close on this? I don't want to burn anything out. From what I can see in the Kawasaki shop manual, the different pairs are connected together later in the wiring harness anyway.
Thanks for any info.
I think the nomads have dual alternators. Are the two R/R's the same? I have an older Kawasaki that has two alternators but the two R/R's are different size. I assume it wouldn't be good to mix those up (connectors are different). If the R/R's are the same, I don't think it makes a difference??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts