Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started putting my own personal touches on my new to me 2004 vulcan classic this week. today, i just thought "what the heck" and tried to mount the new 14" apes i just got off amazon for about $50. i made some measurements and it looked like it was possible, so i went for it and they fit! i put a rich phillips leather seat and a raider solo luggage rack ($39 on amazon) on monday. la rosa saddlebag tuesday, then the apes with emgo grips today...here's some pics..
original

today

·
Registered
81 Posts
What length cables did you go with for the new bars? Ive been looking at swapping the stock bars out for some mini apes, and have been gathering info and opinions. How do you like them?

Also... are you going to sell the luggage rack, or hang onto it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the point of the post is that i was able to do this bar change using the stock cables. i know how most think you cannot use any bars other than stock without buying cables, but when i tried it it worked fine. i removed the plastic bands holding the brake line to the forks and it was just enough slack to reach. notice in the pics that the base of the bars (where they go thru the risers) is the shorter length style. i think this is vital to it working for you. i really like the new bars and the way they handle. the rack is for sell if you want to make an offer on it. thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice bars!

Nice! I have 14" apes on my Nomad and love them. They put the grips at the perfect height for me. I have extra length cables, though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Big difference on both. Looks good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the info and pictures guys it is a big help and yor bikes look great. That is exactly the look I am trying to achieve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a REALLY old post but I've been looking to upgrade my 2004 Vulcan 1600 stock bars to 14" apes as well. However, I'm having a hard time finding bars that are compatible with this bike. What size is your Vulcan? If it's also a 1600, would you mind sharing which bars you got?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I would like to know ALSO!!! I am putting a fairing on my 1600 classic and apes would be the cherry on top!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What length cables did you go with for the new bars? Ive been looking at swapping the stock bars out for some mini apes, and have been gathering info and opinions. How do you like them?

Also... are you going to sell the luggage rack, or hang onto it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice looking bike!
I have been thinking about changing to a higher, but didnt want the hassle and expence with new cables. Nice to see that it is possible with the stock cables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts