Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has an extra new or used AM FM antenna whip to fit a '12 Voyager I need one. Went for a ride today and mine was gone when we got home. Please let me know. Mike

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
If anyone has an extra new or used AM FM antenna whip to fit a '12 Voyager I need one. Went for a ride today and mine was gone when we got home. Please let me know. Mike
That's a common problem on these. I hear from others the best thing to do is go buy one for a harley and use a 6MM threaded rod to bridge the gap.

I did the same thing with an aftermarket antenna from the auto-parts store when mine fell off within hours of bringing it home. Served as a useful, but ugly substitute until the dealer was able to replace it.

Hopefully the other thread you've got pans out and you don't have to rig something up like suggested.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Mine jumped ship about a year ago.

I didn't want to pay the $100+ OEM cost so looked around.

The Can-Am shorty antenna is $20; fits great and doesn't look bad at all. (of course looks are subjective)

I've meant to get a pic posted of it on here. If I get time I will do it this pm.

Scott

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you can wait a bit - I am trying out the auto parts store route to replace mine (which I still have) - The reason - so it more closely matches up with my CB antenna . . .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I picked up a nice looking black short fiberglass one at Advance for $16 and it looks good. Napom, I would be interested in your OEM if you decide to take it off. Just let me know if/when you do. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'll let you know - Right now its on my winter to do list - so I actually need to do the swap and then make sure it works well enough before I let the OEM go . . . So it may be early Spring . . .

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought the HD TriGlide antenna and an M6 bolt which I chopped up for an adapter which I thread locked in to the antenna, then fitted to the Kawasaki.
Gave much better reception.

I bet you could get the HD antenna for less than a replacement Kawasaki part out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts