Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 Vulcan custom se used and it didn't come with a manual. I am trying to hook up a 12v outlet and just wanted to make sure that this is indeed the spot to do it. I tested them and only the top plug shows to be a hot positive with the key on. Here is the pic I took any help us appreciated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yep, those two spade connectors are your accessory spot. One hot, one ground. There are also two inside the headlight bucket. However, I think that at both locations, they are hot all the time, regardless of the key position. I tried using these to control a relay to turn my driving lights off when I turned the key off, but the relay stayed on even with the key out. I ended up tapping into the circuit for the running lights to kill the relay when the key was removed. If you need a wiring diagram for the bike, just PM me with your email address and I will send one to you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well, I think you're looking under the back of the tank and if that's it then yes those are one of the 12volt connections. The same circuit has another set of plugs in the headlight bucket. Now, those aren't spade connectors in there, they are female bullet connector points so there are two connections in each shroud.

For an easy 12 volt receptacle I tied my 12 volt connection into the headlight bucket and put the Walmart Waterproof connection under the front left of the tank bolting it to the frame with the wire retaining bracket. But I do hook my heated grips controller up under the tank.

The fuse on that whole circuit (both sets of connectors) is 10 amps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought my 09 Vulcan custom se used and it didn't come with a manual. I am trying to hook up a 12v outlet and just wanted to make sure that this is indeed the spot to do it. I tested them and only the top plug shows to be a hot positive with the key on. Here is the pic I took any help us appreciated.

Check your PM !!!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts