Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use 1157 led bulbs on their front turn signals?

Which ones and where did you get them?

I'm currently looking on eBay for a pair but, none of the vendors list the amount of voltage or wattage of the bulb.

The ones I've seen aren't that expensive but I was just wondering.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does anyone use 1157 led bulbs on their front turn signals?

Which ones and where did you get them?

I'm currently looking on eBay for a pair but, none of the vendors list the amount of voltage or wattage of the bulb.

The ones I've seen aren't that expensive but I was just wondering.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Try here.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2F1157.htm://

I use the right angle 1156 red bulbs for the rear and amber 1157 tower bulbls for the front, straight 1157 red for the brake light.
But sit down before you look at prices, save you the fall :eek:.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out ddmtuning.com. They have some great prices right now. i ordered some for mine the other day. Slow to get, but worth it for the price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's often hard to beat the prices on ebay, but if your in a hurry try your local automotive store. Whether it's an 1156 for the rear signals or 1157 for the fronts, it's the same bulb used for autos. And for some reason because it's used for autos, it's much less expensive than the same bulb you would get in any cycle shop. Try any Pep Boys if you have them. It's been a while since I replaced mine but if I remember correctly aren't they 17/22 or 17/23 watts?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check out ddmtuning.com. They have some great prices right now. i ordered some for mine the other day. Slow to get, but worth it for the price.
ddm tuning is getting out of the motocycle specific kits though, so people should get them while they last... lol.

Otherwise you'll just have to order a full kit, but the benefit is that if for some reason any part fails you'll have a backup while you wait for a replacement. That's kind of a bonus there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just went nuts and ordered a really nice new soldering iron, so I will be building a lot of the stuff I've been wanting to build for my bike and my friends bike in the future here.

I just need to buy some more supplies like pc board and lots of superflux and smd lights.

I should be able to post back in the next few months as to what I end up making. I just hope I get my new soldering station in the next week. I'm rather excited to get it, I've been eyeing the thing for the last couple months.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i found that the led turn signal and brake bulbs were dimmer, worst than the stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I replaced the stock bulbs with the 90 degree amber for the turn signals and the red 3w high power w/reflector lens for the brake/tail. I find them about as bright as the stock bulbs, and I really like the crisp response time. I'll have to ask someone else for their perception of brightness. I'm also going to try a 45-led "tower" bulb for the brake/tail - it's supposed to be brighter than stock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts