Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some advice on servicing my bike. I am comming up on 10k miles on my 08 V2K classic LT and im due for oil change and wanted to know what would a 10k service involve. Sould I just get oil change or is their some special service for 10k. I have manual somewhere and im sure it has a maintinence schedule but would like to hear from you guys on what you would recommend. Im sure most stuff I can do myself but some things are better left untouched by me:)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
this is a no schmangy zone

Just wanted some advice on servicing my bike. I am comming up on 10k miles on my 08 V2K classic LT and im due for oil change and wanted to know what would a 10k service involve. Sould I just get oil change or is their some special service for 10k. I have manual somewhere and im sure it has a maintinence schedule but would like to hear from you guys on what you would recommend. Im sure most stuff I can do myself but some things are better left untouched by me:)
mac, unless you just want to feel good that some numskull kid in the service dept is more competent than yourself, go ahead and drop the coin. There isn't anything on any of these skoots that you cant do yourself and if you are doing any regular maintenance, all these items are addressed regularily, 10k isnt anything to get excited about. 100k maybe.? probably not even then.
am not trying to bust chops. you got more on the ball than give yourself credit for. use the book as a template and just check items for tightness. something you might be doing on a regular basis anyway. What you will find is that if you set things even close to right they stay tight. I know you read that many of us here do our own work because we can and because we dont trust anybody else. Some have learned this the hard way. am one here. I have wrenched and ridden my own skoots for something like 350k miles. I dont fear a dang thing I do to these things. they are more trust worthy than that car you drive. and I know mine intimately inside and out. if they even cough, I am all over them. so should you. be intimate with your skoot. after all you are trusting your life on the dang thing... and dont go getting any schmangy all over the thing. save that for the wifey.;) out, ponch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts