Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Has anyone else actually done some measurements to see if the lowering kit and seats have made the difference they claim?.
Some have said that the saddlemen renegade solo seat would lower you 1" and push you ahead 1", however when i measure the change i get 1/2", and the same goes with the lowering kit i just finished installing today.
Do i need to recalibrate my tape measure?, lol.
Kawasaki advertises seat height at 27", and i now measure at 26", the girlfriend finds the bike a little too wide for her, so i thought if i try to lower it, this might help.
Or is the advertised 1" lowering in conjunction with the front to be lowered also?, uh heh!.?:l
Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Most times they state the maximum lowering but 1" seems to be conservative. My guess is the new seat raised your seat ht a bit so u seem to be getting those figs.

In my case the advertised is abt 3" lower, then my tires hit the fenders at potholes. So then I had it adjusted to abt 1-1/2" and no more bottoming.

No mod is perfect in my ltd experience. There's always a price u pay. I'd say seat comfort would be a plus in your case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts