Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a very DIY kinda guy I was looking into doing a 1/5 throttle mod on my VV. Basically, you increase the diameter where the cable rides thus making it a "shorter" twist. Most throttles are 90-degree twist, this makes it more like 70-75 degrees.

This is a popular mod for sport bikes. Has anyone done this and, if so, what did you use? I took a piece of PVC and cut it to fit but the diameter is just a little too large and contacts the cable guide in the throttle retainer. I have plenty of the PVC tubing left so my next try will be to turn down the OD some and I wondered if anyone has tried this what your results were?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Uh . . .. There is a whole big thread and several smaller ones on RacnRays Throttle Mod - some dealing witht he DIY mod as well . . . eBay also offers the DIY kits for these (I believe the same guy that started the DIY thread here).

I went with RacnRays mod and couldn't be hapier . . .

·
Registered
636 Posts
And I've done the DIY version to two sets of grips on the Voyager, and two more sets on the Nomad that went before it, using probably the same PVC you have there now... You'll need to use a Dremel to grind that cable guide out of there.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the info I was looking for. Didn't want to grind it out if I didn't have to and wanted feedback from someone that did grind it out and that it did, in fact, work. Will break out the die grinder when I get home!! Thank you!

And I've done the DIY version to two sets of grips on the Voyager, and two more sets on the Nomad that went before it, using probably the same PVC you have there now... You'll need to use a Dremel to grind that cable guide out of there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Grind it off. You won't miss it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts