Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone ever took the Vulcan 2000 to the Drag Strip before?? If so what times and mph did it get?? Or anyone know what it should get in the 1/4mile drag? Just wondering. My car club I belong to rents out the one drag strip close by now and then just to do test and tune open runs, and I was thinking about taking the Vulcan 2000 up and see what it does. No burning out, just going down the track wide open hitting gears. Bike it pretty much stock besides a Vance and Hines Exhaust, and a passenger back rest which I take off usually when I ride myself. 2006 Vulcan 2000 Limited.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran mine last year 1/8 mile. 8.8 @96mph. No mods then, straight stock AND Im a big dude. 5-8 330 (ding) I have added Barron BAK, Cobra slashdowns, Cobra 2000fi. Dynoed yesterday, 101hp 121 fp torx.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've seen as low as low 12.4 @ 104 in the 1/4 by the tests on the net.
Some were as high as low 13's but; I'm guessing either they revved it too high or just couldn't ride. A second is an eternity in the 1/4.

I wouldn't drag it though... just me.
If I wanted to drag race, I'd get a fast bike. (Crotch rocket)
Not for me though...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've seen as low as low 12.4 @ 104 in the 1/4 by the tests on the net.
Some were as high as low 13's but; I'm guessing either they revved it too high or just couldn't ride. A second is an eternity in the 1/4.
More than likely just couldn't ride / got a poor launch, or maybe didn't rev it enough.

Horsepower is what wins races regardless of all the misconceptions about torque being most important, and the horsepower for the VN2K comes virtually at the same time you are hitting redline. Very hard to get your shifting done right with regard to max horsepower when you're right on redline.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just wondering if anyone ever took the Vulcan 2000 to the Drag Strip before?? If so what times and mph did it get?? Or anyone know what it should get in the 1/4mile drag? Just wondering. My car club I belong to rents out the one drag strip close by now and then just to do test and tune open runs, and I was thinking about taking the Vulcan 2000 up and see what it does. No burning out, just going down the track wide open hitting gears. Bike it pretty much stock besides a Vance and Hines Exhaust, and a passenger back rest which I take off usually when I ride myself. 2006 Vulcan 2000 Limited.
[email protected] 97hp Best time React .858
On a Static drag.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think sometimes we need to be reminded that this bike is a cruiser. This bike is made for cruising and thats it. I need to remind myself sometimes that Im on a 800 lbs. cruiser which I like to crank up over a hundred more times than not and then have to slow down and remind myself I am on a cruiser which should be cruising. I just installed a stereo system which I can hear the music clearly as long as im going 75 or under so maybe that will help me slow down, or maybe not.:D Anyway I think 1/4 mile times are irrelevent to a cruiser and understand that these bikes are powerful and thats important for getting out of the way of trucks and things and also its nice to have a lot of torque but forget about all the stats, this bike is not geard up for racing so go out and get cruising and rack up the miles and enjoy. If you want a 1/4 mile drag bike buy a V-Max or V-Rod or V something or another???

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think sometimes we need to be reminded that this bike is a cruiser. This bike is made for cruising and thats it. I need to remind myself sometimes that Im on a 800 lbs. cruiser which I like to crank up over a hundred more times than not and then have to slow down and remind myself I am on a cruiser which should be cruising. I just installed a stereo system which I can hear the music clearly as long as im going 75 or under so maybe that will help me slow down, or maybe not.:D Anyway I think 1/4 mile times are irrelevent to a cruiser and understand that these bikes are powerful and thats important for getting out of the way of trucks and things and also its nice to have a lot of torque but forget about all the stats, this bike is not geard up for racing so go out and get cruising and rack up the miles and enjoy. If you want a 1/4 mile drag bike buy a V-Max or V-Rod or V something or another???
Well Said Mac!

I'm more concerned about 400 mile comfort than 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ugh, i can't stand when others feel that what one person does with their own, isnt what they themselves would do with it. Giving a bike power has alot to do with people liking to feel the popwer and some do that by racing. Other side of the spectrum is that kawasaki spends r&d money making zx14 bikes more comfortable. otherwise they wouldnt even build them.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I firmly believe in letting people make their own decisions about how they treat their own equipment and after reading the specs and hearing what the equipment is designed for, I firmly believe in letting those people live with the consequences of their decisions.

You want to race your cruiser? Go ahead but just know that anything with a 4" bore and a 4" stroke just aint designed to run high rpm's. Wonder why they put a rev limiter on the engine? To keep dumbasses from over revving the engine and making the pistons come out the side of the block.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts