Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my hypercharger, 5 large holes in baffles and screens out...Bike was great...ran awesome...had already purchased but not installed PCV, afraid it might be running lean I installed the PCV... with custom map set from fuelmoto to try and fit my specs..now it seems I have very even power through the RPM's but before it seemed quicker and snappier...especially on take off..now its just like an even flow.... anybody have any ideas? She smells more now too...the wxaust that is..like more gas of course... Also is there a setting to bypass the PCV if you wanted to...?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Which map did you load. Without changing the pipes you should not need it. Debaffle only makes it louder. The catalytic converter is the air flow problem not the baffles. To bypass the PC V just load the zero or stock map. This allows the ECU to do all of the fuel control. I also started with the fuelmoto map, junk, not even close. You are probally running rich now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the map...just told them i was probably gonna debaffle and add hypercharger... btw I have hypercharger so more airflow into the engine..I just dont wanna run lean and burn valves...but I wouldnt wanna dirty up the engine either...lol..ill probably run a toggle switch up to the bars and set map 1 to 0 map and map 2 to fuelmoto's..so i can switch them on the go and see what I think

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dark side? doesnt that mean a car tire for the rear? How does that effect the acceleration...and is it cheaper to replace?

Which map did you load. Without changing the pipes you should not need it. Debaffle only makes it louder. The catalytic converter is the air flow problem not the baffles. To bypass the PC V just load the zero or stock map. This allows the ECU to do all of the fuel control. I also started with the fuelmoto map, junk, not even close. You are probally running rich now.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes CT on rear, rear MT on front. Has no effect on acceleration but is much cheaper. Think $65 dollars for rear tire that last 25k miles. Not $180 for MT that last 5k miles. Switch for maps is good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
So I installed my hypercharger, 5 large holes in baffles and screens out...Bike was great...ran awesome...had already purchased but not installed PCV, afraid it might be running lean I installed the PCV... with custom map set from fuelmoto to try and fit my specs..now it seems I have very even power through the RPM's but before it seemed quicker and snappier...especially on take off..now its just like an even flow.... anybody have any ideas? She smells more now too...the wxaust that is..like more gas of course... Also is there a setting to bypass the PCV if you wanted to...?
I highly recommend you have the bike dyno'd at a shop that uses the DynoJet equipment or spend the same money on the Auto Tune from DynoJet and let the fuel manager maintain the proper air/fuel ratios on the run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a question for this topic hope some one can help....if I just put on aftermarket pipes
(Hard Krome strippers) and don't change the intake or put a power commander on will my bike run ok I am just looking for a louder exhaust not more power and am sceptical of debaffling because of inspection reasons in my area...any one able to help

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have a question for this topic hope some one can help....if I just put on aftermarket pipes
(Hard Krome strippers) and don't change the intake or put a power commander on will my bike run ok I am just looking for a louder exhaust not more power and am sceptical of debaffling because of inspection reasons in my area...any one able to help
If performance is not a concern and it's only noise and the look you want, I think you'll be OK. If you experience decel popping as a result of the new pipes then plugging the hose that comes from the air cleaner going to the secondary air relay will help reduce that. Folks here have used a marble or wirenut to plug the hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts