Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed a change out from Kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle boss to the Avon Air grips and things went well. The 09 Nomad is not listed as compatible but I called and they said it should be OK. The left had grip was a no brainer - about two minutes total. The right grip was a bit more challenging.

I selected the proper cam and glued it on per the directions. The cables fit up well but the dry fit resulted in some binding of the cam inside the housing. There is a bit of extra material around the cable slots and this is where it was hang up. I used a belt sander to bring the extra material down to being flush with the rest of the ring surface. I cleaned everything up and installed the grip and all there was no binding at all.

Overall, I like the size and feel of the Avon air better than the ISOs. I did a 20 mile ride and not even a hint of the numbness I felt with the ISOs.

I will be listing the excellent condition ISOs with the Boss and sleeve on Ebay or if anyone is interested, drop me note within the next few days - thinking about $55 shipped to the lower 48 and can do Paypal. \\

Bob
09 Vulcan Nomad

1 - 1 of 1 Posts