Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to know what I should pay for a left over 09' in a crate its the 900 Special Edition. Also might askf or them to put a used windshield and saddlebags they have on a used custom i looked at. What should I get it for before tax and interest?

·
Registered
711 Posts
For sure at least under the MSRP out the door. Oh and yes, including the extended warranty and used windshiled and bags.

Now the VN900 Customs have been out since 2007. You can probably find one in the streets for a lot less. Soon these 900's will be outdated so I would buy used and save. I only buy new when its a brand new model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So..Final OTD Price Before tax and interest??

So what should I pay before tax and interest. Or I was thinking $6000 financed and 800 down is about my limit. Should I push for it? With shield and saddle bags?

·
Registered
95 Posts
:)
So I need to know what I should pay for a left over 09' in a crate its the 900 Special Edition. Also might askf or them to put a used windshield and saddlebags they have on a used custom i looked at. What should I get it for before tax and interest?
My Friend....If your going to buy a left over Custom, and virtually turn it into a LT, why not buy a left over LT. Thats what I did last year about this time. My dealer had several leftover 08's with no extras @ $7500. I added OEM crashbars and a lightbar, tax and licence out the door for $9000. My dealer here in IOWA has leftover 09's and factory repos for that now, $7500

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because...

Only because I love the look and style of the SE, it will be my first bike and it needs to be something I love and I plan to take very good care of it considering I will have it for a long time. Probably like 6 years. But it sounds like from your comment if I can get it with bags and shield for $7000 or under OTD then its worth every penny. I'm only 22 and will only be 2 up here and there in a year or so. I don't exactly need or want an LT although the 2-tone red and black looks nice. I'm shooting for value here. I don't make much.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Only because I love the look and style of the SE, it will be my first bike and it needs to be something I love and I plan to take very good care of it considering I will have it for a long time. Probably like 6 years. But it sounds like from your comment if I can get it with bags and shield for $7000 or under OTD then its worth every penny. I'm only 22 and will only be 2 up here and there in a year or so. I don't exactly need or want an LT although the 2-tone red and black looks nice. I'm shooting for value here. I don't make much.
Hey man,,,thats cool, just thought I would throw out that sugestion. In the end you have to be happy with your purchase and have no regreats. For me I am 57 and the LT was the right fit, other than the hard ass OEM seat. I have bought a Mustang seat, so it will be going on this Spring after all the snow goes away. I like chrome, so I have added alot of that over the past year. Get what you like, just be SAFE!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SAfe

I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. As far as the hard ass stock seat, I'll be stuck with it for atleast the first half of the year unless I get soemthing cheaper. Darn money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. As far as the hard ass stock seat, I'll be stuck with it for atleast the first half of the year unless I get soemthing cheaper. Darn money.
I hear ya,,,,I too took a course a few years ago to get my cycle licence here in IOWA. I decided to take the "ABATE" course not that far from home here, made a big difference in confidence, but that will only come with you just riding every chance you get. They say you will ride a bike like you drive you car, if you don't take chances driving, you won't riding. Riding is like nothing else, I'm just sad I was away from it for almost 30 years, but now I'm back BABY!!!! I ride with a group of people that are great, and my wife has her own bike so we go out and ride alot together. JUST HAVE FUN and BE SAFE my friend!!!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
If you want to get a better understanding of counter steering, riding better and surviving on the streets, pick up a copy of :
Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough

Always available on Amazon for under $20

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. QUOTE]

Don't sweat the counter steering. It actually comes natural for most. If you think about it too much it only messes with ya!

·
Registered
711 Posts
So what should I pay before tax and interest. Or I was thinking $6000 financed and 800 down is about my limit. Should I push for it? With shield and saddle bags?
I mean less than the MSRP OTD including everything. Interest will be added after, that's a diff story.

What happens is once you put one mile on that bike it will be considered a one year old used bike and the suggested retail on a used vn900 is $5975 (per KBB). Now that's retail so you can find one out there for about $4k. That's why I instead recomend to buy a used one on the street for much less. I wouldn't buy a left over unless I can save at least $1000 OTD.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just got a new leftover for just over 6k before tax. but having it shipped so gotta pony up a few hundred more. so 6.6k, 7k after tax.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up an '09 SE in early Aug. 2009 for just under $6200 before taxes, so I'd expect to pay a lot less now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For me I bought a brand new '08 Vulcan 900C, last in the dealership, mid February.

MSRP: $7400
Freight & Crate: $125
Assembly: $300
State Registration: $250 (Flat rate)
4-Year Warranty: $560
Tax: ~$500
What I should have paid: ~$9000 (pretty much the same amount all dealers want for these bikes)
What I paid: ~$6000

Only took me 3 hours of haggling and pointing out that it was an '08.

But I love the shit out of it, and you can't tell the difference between it and an '09.

EDIT: Guys you can't forget the little things not included in the bike - Tax, tag, title, dealer fee's, registration, assembly, freight & crate... Also, OTD doesn't include tax, tag, title, and registration fee's (for every dealership I have been to), so when speaking with salesmen, say you want not just OTD but all-inclusive.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Back in August I bought my `09 900 Classic for $7,500 OTD (tax, title, registration, etc. all included). The Custom SE would have cost me about $600 more. If I were buying it now, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $6500 OTD.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Back in August I bought my `09 900 Classic for $7,500 OTD (tax, title, registration, etc. all included). The Custom SE would have cost me about $600 more. If I were buying it now, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $6500 OTD.

You are seriously devaluing a brand new bike especially since most dealers do not have the 2010's in yet. Don't expect to pay less than $7000 all said and done, without an extended warranty. There isn't pressure to sell an older year until late summer of the following year, even then the price change is subtle unless it's a major redesign.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For sure at least under the MSRP out the door. Oh and yes, including the extended warranty and used windshiled and bags.

Now the VN900 Customs have been out since 2007. You can probably find one in the streets for a lot less. Soon these 900's will be outdated so I would buy used and save. I only buy new when its a brand new model.
it is better to not to buy a model the first year it comes out. if you buy the second or third it gives the company time to fix any kinks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know i'm a few days late coming into this one but I just bought a left over 09 brand new out of the crate custom SE from my dealer for $6200 OTD. two weeks ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my 2009 LT

:)

My Friend....If your going to buy a left over Custom, and virtually turn it into a LT, why not buy a left over LT. Thats what I did last year about this time. My dealer had several leftover 08's with no extras @ $7500. I added OEM crashbars and a lightbar, tax and licence out the door for $9000. My dealer here in IOWA has leftover 09's and factory repos for that now, $7500
I bought my 2009 900 LT last June, out the door it cost me $8200.00 ZERO miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts