Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my saddlebags and sissy bar...I’d like to put the stock sissy bar back and attach a rear luggage rack...how can I do this while keeping chrome fender trim, etc. Stock hardware is designed only for saddlebags...is there a hardware kit somewhere I can’t find??
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Kawasaki luggage rack is designed for the stock sissy bar. I know because I put one on my stock Classic LT. If that one is too expensive, there are aftermarket luggage racks available for the stock sissy bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kawasaki luggage rack is designed for the stock sissy bar. I know because I put one on my stock Classic LT. If that one is too expensive, there are aftermarket luggage racks available for the stock sissy bar.
...Thanks...but I want to mount without the saddlebags..I saw Kawasaki had rack you refer to

·
Registered
529 Posts
I remember when I installed my luggage rack, it had nothing to with the saddle bags or it's hardware. Re-installing the sissy bar might have something to do with the saddle bag hardware, but the luggage rack does not

·
Registered
529 Posts
jr06618, I looked more closely at my bike yesterday. To re-attach the sissy bar, in purely stock form, would involve re-attaching the saddle bag hardware. However, if you replaced the 4 bolts that hold the sissy bar to the side of the rear fender, with shorter bolts, then you could re-attach the sissy bar without the saddle bag hardware. The replacement bolts have to be shorter then stock, but how much shorter I don't know. Check for size, length. grade, thread pitch etc, to get the right specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts