Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to transform my 08 Vulcan 900 Custom into a bobber this winter. Looking for any insight on this project. My biggest question is the rear fender, not sure where to get one, (not sure if I have the skills to fab one) let alone the tools to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm sure ill have a lot of questions!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and best of luck on your project. Blue Collar Bobber is a great source for Vulcan bobber parts and ideas (check their gallery of other customers bikes).

meancycles.com has parts as well.

You can also look to have a rear fender fabricated if you like. Find a local machine shop (you can also check Yelp or google for results near you) and setup an appt. They can do some measurments. Have a drawing of what your looking for. It doesn't need to be a CAD blueprint but some general outlines on what you want.

One of the challenges with the VN's is the rear fender supports. They are curved up pretty high so its gonna be tough to get that rear bobbed look with the fender wrapped over the rear tire.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY Winner 2016!, BOTM Winner, January 2016
34 Posts
I used the blue collar bobber kit on my bike. Check out my profile or their site gallery, it's the green 08 listed under my name.
Feel free to ask me anything.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2015
37 Posts
I would also Recommend the BCB fender option. It's not cheap, but they have done all the upfront design and fabrication to make it fit properly and look good. If you don't have the tools or mechanical ability to fab yourself, then this would be your best alternative.
Check out the BCB website gallery. They have a lot of VN900 customer pictures you can look at.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the BCB kit. Since I have no fabrication skills, but I can manage to bolt things on, I think Im going to start saving for this kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts